Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnguy

A few weeks back I put a trigger tech trigger in my AR. 3.5lbs pull. Finally shot it today a few rounds. Doesn't like American Eagle 62g .223. PMC X-TAC 62g wasn't much better. Hornady Black 62g was pretty good. The best was Winchester M855. Barrel is 1:8

bullgator

I shot a couple of 9mm loads over the chronograph with two carbines. I loaded them trying to be subsonic for when my suppressor comes home. All loads used RMR 147 gr. flat point bullets. The first load was 4.8 gr of Power Pistol and averaged 1045 out of the Ruger PC 9, and 1099 out of the CZ Scorpion. The second load was 6.5 of Accurate 7 which gave me 1112 out of the Ruger and 1164 out of the CZ. I think I’m close enough that just a minor charge adjustment will have me where I need to be. My goal is around 1050-1070.

Adam5

I made a quick visit to Sharpshooters this afternoon. I ran some rounds through my Ruger P89, S&W 64x S&W Pre10 M&P, and High Standard Sport King.

Attachments

• E7263DAF-946A-4828-B143-6F0EDA9BA75A.jpeg
    E7263DAF-946A-4828-B143-6F0EDA9BA75A.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 212AB777-8EDE-49C5-A1AB-CCAE0EED9C78.jpeg
    212AB777-8EDE-49C5-A1AB-CCAE0EED9C78.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DCF2293A-B517-4558-9BB5-4F8BA4F7D8D7.jpeg
    DCF2293A-B517-4558-9BB5-4F8BA4F7D8D7.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 4593AECE-F8FD-4EBB-B07E-5664F9B16E59.jpeg
    4593AECE-F8FD-4EBB-B07E-5664F9B16E59.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 5

bullgator

Couple of those might give you a pop when it gets hot
Yep, that’s why I want to keep it at 1050-1070. I‘ve heard the speed of sound in most of Florida is actually closer to 1120 or so.

rosewood

It is based on air density. Can probably look it up on some weather webpage.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Y’all are hardcore.

So many considerations with the quiet stuff. (y)
mine would pop in a 16" on rapid fire after the 3rd-4th round and my 10" is quiet unless the temp and humidity is up. All of min have mag primers too and that may be why I am getting it.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

mine would pop in a 16" on rapid fire after the 3rd-4th round and my 10" is quiet unless the temp and humidity is up. All of min have mag primers too and that may be why I am getting it.

Question from ignorance here....but what you are describing...is chamber heating up from firing consecutive rounds which is causing the next round's powder charge to get heated up and elevate the pressure enough to exceed subsonic velocity ?

If so....I'm starting to see where suppressed .300BO in semi-autos is best left to handloaders.

So many factors that can be controlled....clean burn, velocity, heavy cast tip, etc.

SC Hunter

This past weekend I was taking my truck gun, Marlin heavy barrel .17, out of the truck making a spot for a shotgun to go to go shoot birds. It slipped out of my hand and hit the ground. ??‍♂️ I shot it yesterday at 88 confirmed by range finder yards off the hood of the truck to check the scope. It was off a little so I adjusted it and left to go pick the kids up at school. I'll shoot it this weekend to confirm. This cheap little gun that lives it's life in a truck and has probably never been cleaned amazes me how much fun it is to shoot. Not bad for 5 shots off the hot hood of the truck. ?

Attachments

• IMG_20210914_145828058.jpg
    IMG_20210914_145828058.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 13

rosewood

my Marlin .17 shoots pretty good too
View attachment 1104572
waled it right in.. 2 5 shot groups

@Dub ..yes the chamber temp...they are right on the upper edge of sub
My Savage does the same.

I found eggs are a lot of fun. Set them up at 100 or even 200 yards and watch them explode when that little .17HMR hits them. The eggs are cheaper than the ammo.

Rosewood

Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
My Savage didn’t shoot as good as this HBAR Marlin… it was close.. but I let it go when I got this one. The rounds used to shoot this target were Remington with the gold tipped Hornady bullets… can’t find them anywhere now… it opens a little with others.

rosewood

My Savage didn’t shoot as good as this HBAR Marlin… it was close.. but I let it go when I got this one. The rounds used to shoot this target were Remington with the gold tipped Hornady bullets… can’t find them anywhere now… it opens a little with others.
Mine likes the CCI 17 grain hp best.

SakoL61R

Coupla rounds of skeet at Hunter Airfield, Savannah with the usual Thursday morning crowd. Light rain, so we only shot two rounds. Drank coffee and solved world problems in the clubhouse as well.
My 12 ga 1100 shuck-o-matic is working well with most all ammo.
She likes Rem-Win-Fed fodder as well as Italian (Clever-RX) in 1 and 1 1/8 oz. No issues whatsoever.
Getting hangups, (1 to 3 out of 25), failure to feeds with French Tunets in 1 and 1 1/8.

Did a 99% rebuild on the innards last year and she's been working great.
Yes, the gun is kept super clean and not over-lubed.....
Just a French thing, I suppose.... I like Italians better anyway.

Dub

Coupla rounds of skeet at Hunter Airfield, Savannah with the usual Thursday morning crowd. Light rain, so we only shot two rounds. Drank coffee and solved world problems in the clubhouse as well.
My 12 ga 1100 shuck-o-matic is working well with most all ammo.
She likes Rem-Win-Fed fodder as well as Italian (Clever-RX) in 1 and 1 1/8 oz. No issues whatsoever.
Getting hangups, (1 to 3 out of 25), failure to feeds with French Tunets in 1 and 1 1/8.

Did a 99% rebuild on the innards last year and she's been working great.
Yes, the gun is kept super clean and not over-lubed.....
Just a French thing, I suppose.... I like Italians better anyway.

Sounds like a perfect morning.

Strong preference for Eye-talian lineage as well. :rofl:

Finally seeing some Federal 7.5 (1 oz only) loads for sale online. PSA cases for $104.

Are you seeing Estate or similar budget (pre-covid) priced 7.5 1 1/8oz loads anywhere ?

Status
Not open for further replies.