Kids first knife

lampern

I do like this one, not too expensive since they will probably loose it. Nice lock and rubber textured grip with finger notch. Carbon Steel. Made in the USA

I might need one of these, lol.

Not a whittling knife by any stretch.

But an excellent multipurpose knife for the price made in the USA

F.A.R.R.

The Opinal makes a lot of sense for safety and the handles are pretty comfortable, plus the carbon steel is easy to sharpen

For a liner lock take a look at Kershaw Chill

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
The Canoe would be a nice one for sure. I still have one from many moons ago. My grandboy thinks it's " one of the cool ones" in the drawer of many...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The Canoe would be a nice one for sure. I still have one from many moons ago. My grandboy thinks it's " one of the cool ones" in the drawer of many...

I carry one daily.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I really appreciate everyone's replies, my search is now over. An incredibly generous forum member mailed her a couple of brand new Case knives including the Sodbuster Jr. mentioned by several that seems like the best fit. The fact that her first knife is the result of a random act of kindness will probably mean more than if I had bought it for her.

Artfuldodger

I carry a Rough Ryder Canoe couple times a week. I love the design, pretty decent metal for Chinatown.View attachment 1104350
I read a review of Rough Riders a few years ago by a knife collector. He said they were a lot better than the American Brands that we all know because at that time many were being made in China. He said if you going to get a knife made in China, might as well get a cheaper priced Rough Rider.
I think now that a lot of the major companies have returned to making their knives in the US or Germany, etc. You still have to look because some models are and some aren't.

I was impressed with the way the Rough Riders looked and the quality of the build. They make a lot of various types. I looked at some at Smoky Mountain Knife Works in May.

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
I really appreciate everyone's replies, my search is now over. An incredibly generous forum member mailed her a couple of brand new Case knives including the Sodbuster Jr. mentioned by several that seems like the best fit. The fact that her first knife is the result of a random act of kindness will probably mean more than if I had bought it for her.
This makes us smile ! Very nice !!!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

This is what makes GON Forum!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.

I've been a member, mod, admin, and booted from a bunch of forums over the years.

This is the ONLY one I have ever seen where this kind of thing happens so often it seems normal bizness operations...

Hat tip to this whole danged thing!!! ?

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I've been a member, mod, admin, and booted from a bunch of forums over the years.

This is the ONLY one I have ever seen where this kind of thing happens so often it seems normal bizness operations...

Hat tip to this whole danged thing!!! ?

I can't agree more, this place is some sort of family in it's own way and it's amazing that it has stood the test of time against Facebook and all the other means of connecting online. I saw the value of the forum early on as a grounding rod for my profession that keeps me connected with the average hunter (I put myself in that category). It would be easy to get lost in academia and bureaucracy without it. My only hope is that I can contribute more than I've received from this place.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I can't agree more, this place is some sort of family in it's own way and it's amazing that it has stood the test of time against Facebook and all the other means of connecting online. I saw the value of the forum early on as a grounding rod for my profession that keeps me connected with the average hunter (I put myself in that category). It would be easy to get lost in academia and bureaucracy without it. My only hope is that I can contribute more than I've received from this place.

You`re a part of us, Charlie. Proud to know you.