One Last Gathering

turkeykirk

Good find!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Funny thing is, this has been the worst year for mushrooms I've seen in my life here. Not a single morel or chant this year so far.

Doug B.

I found a mess of chants this past week after all the rain. It was the first ones I had seen since back in July.

JHannah92

I don't eat em but I've seen a ton of chanterelles this year. I've been seeing a few like that blue one too, didn't know they were edible as well.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Nic, I found chants through Thanksgiving last year. We are still in hurricane season and heaven forbid, the soaking they deliver have waked up chants through the first cool snap. I'd rather do without chants than have another hurricane hit. Gil

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic, I found chants through Thanksgiving last year. We are still in hurricane season and heaven forbid, the soaking they deliver have waked up chants through the first cool snap. I'd rather do without chants than have another hurricane hit. Gil

Me too, my friend! I`ve had more than my fill of hurricanes.

GLS

Nic, we had 1" of rain yesterday and I went looking at usual haunts and found over a pound. Sauteed a few of them with Vidalia onions and took a pack of dove medallions over to my 93 year-old mom's and cooked up a batch for supper. Wife is out of town and mom loves the dove and chants with an arugula salad. Good eating for sure. GilPXL_20210917_200846690.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic, we had 1" of rain yesterday and I went looking at usual haunts and found over a pound. Sauteed a few of them with Vidalia onions and took a pack of dove medallions over to my 93 year-old mom's and cooked up a batch for supper. Wife is out of town and mom loves the dove and chants with an arugula salad. Good eating for sure. GilView attachment 1105021

That looks and sounds good! That made a fine supper.

MOTS

Nic, are there any here in your native Wheeler county. I love mushrooms and I just cant find any chants.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic, are there any here in your native Wheeler county. I love mushrooms and I just cant find any chants.

I don`t remember ever seeing any over there, Mots, but there should be some.

scottyd917

I was surprised to stumble upon a very nice patch of cinnabars Sunday leaving the deerstand along with quite a few black trumpets. The cinnabars were on the smaller side so I saved all to pick up this weekend.

GLS

Once you learn to spot the distinctive coloration, they can be found by driving along dirt roads and noticing them in the woods or on the shoulders. Low speed cruising for chants...

Latest posts