Opening day of Muzzleloader on the St. Mark's flats

doomtrpr_z71

Looks like you're ready man.
I've been ready ever since I've got my two custom rods from the builder ???and I made the call to book the rooms, but I'm pretty sure I've went to St marks that week every year except last year because I was picking peanuts. This year it'll be st marks just for the day as too many people are staying at shell island for the fsu UMass game so we'll be staying in steinhatchee.

slow motion

Caught enough to keep it interesting but it wasn't steady. The only consistent bite was the flies. Not sure if black flies or deer flies but they were relentless. Got on a bunch of fish chasing bait backside of the party sandbar midday. There were some jacks, some Spanish I'm guessing since I got cut off twice, and some lady fish. Ladys we're the only ones out of the group to stay on all the way to the boat. IMG_20211010_113046_792.jpg

slow motion

Guess the old saying about an East wind held true. Still a good day though.

TheWildLife

Me and my fishing bud were there this past weekend as well. Fished Fri-Sat with some luck. Managed 6 keeper trout Friday and 4 on Saturday. You ain't kidding about the flies. Hardly any wind Friday and they tore my ankles up. Had some wind Saturday so not as bad. Lots a lady fish around it seemed. Forgot to take fish pics but this one I did get. Happened a few miles from Unadilla. No matter how many times you check air pressure, tread, etc. something can always go wrong. Luckily, the Firestone dealer in Unadilla had two tires and we got them changed. Rim is fine, that's just grease on it from where I was a little messy getting the cover back on the axle while servicing it. Still a good trip!Tire.jpg

slow motion

Headed to Ecofina for the first time today.
I got 2 weeks to donate a lower unit to the rock gods.
You okay Mr. Kansas? Hopefully you aren't stranded on one of those rocks. If you get time we would like a report. Please. Momma said always say please.

Lukikus2

Put those lady fish to work. Best bait out there after they dookie all over your boat lol ?.

What do you think got the pinfish? Mackerel? This time of the year they start there southward journey south around the Big Bend. November out of Crystal River seems to be when mature spanish appear on the flats.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
You've got to be out of your mind fishing during early hunting season! :rofl::rofl:

I'm getting the itch bad! Might get down next month. I listened to the wife on the phone with my mother in law last Sunday night. She say's I wish you were down here, TJ's in his grove. And every weekend is booked. It's deer season.

If City Folks ever knew what the "RUT" is, they could get it on while us folks are in the woods. Glad those morons are to busy trying to tell the difference between a woman and a man!

slow motion

Put those lady fish to work. Best bait out there after they dookie all over your boat lol ?.

What do you think got the pinfish? Mackerel? This time of the year they start there southward journey south around the Big Bend. November out of Crystal River seems to be when mature spanish appear on the flats.
Yeah they seem to spray that copper colored poop everywhere. Thinking it was a shark that got the pin.

slow motion

You've got to be out of your mind fishing during early hunting season! :rofl::rofl:

I'm getting the itch bad! Might get down next month. I listened to the wife on the phone with my mother in law last Sunday night. She say's I wish you were down here, TJ's in his grove. And every weekend is booked. It's deer season.

If City Folks ever knew what the "RUT" is, they could get it on while us folks are in the woods. Glad those morons are to busy trying to tell the difference between a woman and a man!
Already got one buck in the freezer so it wasn't so hard to miss muzzleloader. Unfortunately work is ramping up again. Gonna have to disappoint some folks over the next month or so.
Water is cooling off down there. Should be getting good. Hope you make it down. Think flounder is closed for a while still though. Good luck brother.