Odds on William Shatner?

Oldstick

What does the Las Vegas betting community say about the outcome? :)

25 years ago, I too would have been eager to go if they asked me. But now I am approaching 65, and he is now 90. Hoping for the best for him and all the crew and I will be happy if it turns out positive. That will prove once again that American technology is the best on the planet.

Dr. Strangelove

More information here would be helpful

William Shatner is going to be one of the next "space" tourists on Jeff Bezos' (Amazon) Blue Origin rocket.

I'm assuming Oldandsick is referring to the fact that William Shatner is 90 years old.

georgia_home

One way or another… he’ll go up and he’ll come down.

but he’s got chutzsah! Shalom

Oldstick

William Shatner is going to be one of the next "space" tourists on Jeff Bezos' (Amazon) Blue Origin rocket.

I'm assuming Oldandsick is referring to the fact that William Shatner is 90 years old.

Thanks Doc. No sicker than most any average guy that is 64+. Maybe even in the upper 40 percentile. (y)

Oldstick

As long as he doesn't have a big meal before the trip. :rofl:

Dr. Strangelove

Thanks Doc. No sicker than most any average guy that is 64+. Maybe even in the upper 40 percentile. (y)

Sorry, was unable to resist. I was going to blame my spellchecker, but it was all me, good eyes!
:ROFLMAO:

Redbow

I wish I were as tough as William Shatner appears to be in my old age. Keep reaching for the stars William, one day you will be out there among them.

Last edited:

Oldstick

I remember a line from Dr. Bones in one of the followup movies that came out after the original TV series. "Jim, your weight is up a couple pounds. I am going to put you on a restricted diet for a while..."

GunnSmokeer

It's just an airplane ride, That might just get you blowed up.

I Wouldn't be very interested in being a space tourist just to take what feels like an airplane ride up to 100,000 feet.

Heck, a guy parachuted out of a balloon at something like 123,000 feet!

Now if we could do one or two orbits around the earth, and especially do it in pressurized space suits and maybe open the roof of the convertible spacecraft and have our helmets exposed to the deep black void of space... THAT would be "in space" to me.

oldfella1962

You just know at some point in the trip he's going to look out a window and go Twilight Zone saying "there's something on the wing some.....thing....on the wing!" :LOL:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
You just know at some point in the trip he's going to look out a window and go Twilight Zone saying "there's something on the wing some.....thing....on the wing!" :LOL:
Especially since it's ALL gonna be on live cameras. If they get it off the ground... postponed due to winds (?) until tomorrow at 0830.