Taurus Class Action Settlement

rosewood

I finally decided to contact Taurus and see if my PT140 was part of the settlement. I messaged them from the webpage, provided the model and serial number and asked if it was covered. Got an email a couple of days later telling me it was indeed covered. She said they no longer have parts or repair the affected guns. Said participation was totally optional. The PT140 would be replaced with a G2C 9mm, but they were currently on backorder. They sent me a Fedex label and I dropped it off at Fedex and now the wait begins. I will keep you guys informed on the progress. She also said the court settlement said all guns affected would be replaced with the G2C 9mm regardless of the specific gun.

I understand there was a certain grace period where you could get a $200 cash payment in lieu of a gun, that time frame has expired. You will only get a replacement G2C now.

Rosewood

rosewood

I have a couple that I need to check and see about.
That is one reason I posted. Figured it might help others out. :)

I never liked the PT140, too light for the 40 caliber, a 9mm will be much more pleasant. So replacing it is a positive thing for me.

Rosewood

Reactions: Dub

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
G2Cs are a good little pistola...

I have two that live in vehicles, bought for 185$ each.

Me and a buddy ran 500 rounds of Blazer Brass thru one as fast as we could load four magazines.

Nary a failure....

rosewood

G2Cs are a good little pistola...

I have two that live in vehicles, bought for 185$ each.

Me and a buddy ran 500 rounds of Blazer Brass thru one as fast as we could load four magazines.

Nary a failure....
Hope neither of you grabbed it by the barrel when the slide was locked open...

rosewood

It DID get mighty hot...We were TRYING to break it, but ran outta bullets. He musta sold about 50 of em, ain't had a comeback yet.
That is good to hear. My brother has a G2S and it has been flawless to him so far.

Edit:

Sounds like all you guys did was break it in. :)

Last edited:

GregoryB.

How did you contact Taurus ? Was there a link on their Home Page or did you just use the contact button and email them ?

rosewood

How did you contact Taurus ? Was there a link on their Home Page or did you just use the contact button and email them ?
Support button and it sends them an email.

rosewood

1634149599496.png

bevills1

I have a PT 111 that I find no serial number on the slide or frame. Can somebody tell me how to locate the serial number? Also will I have to return the PT 111 to get the replacement, and who pays return shipping if I do need to return the recalled gun?

rosewood

I have a PT 111 that I find no serial number on the slide or frame. Can somebody tell me how to locate the serial number? Also will I have to return the PT 111 to get the replacement, and who pays return shipping if I do need to return the recalled gun?
Serial number on mine was on the back of frame right above where u grip it.
They emailed me a shipping label. You do have to send in the old gun. They will pay for shipping both ways. However, you will have to cover any FFL transfer fees when they return it, since new gun has to go to ffl.

Even though the email said to return mags with it, that was a generic email intended for guns in need of repair. They stated this one will be destroyed. I kept my mags, will see if they holler.

I was told the PT111 mags fit the G2C, so you might want to keep yours.

Just got notification from Fedex, Taurus now has my PT140 in hand, now to see how long it takes to get the replacement.

Rosewood

Last edited:

bevills1

Mine was in the same place, just hard to see. Thanks. My PT 111 is stainless. Does the G2C come in stainless, and will they replace my stainless gun with a stainless G2C if G2C is available in stainless?

rosewood

Mine was in the same place, just hard to see. Thanks. My PT 111 is stainless. Does the G2C come in stainless, and will they replace my stainless gun with a stainless G2C if G2C is available in stainless?
Nope, my understanding is the replacement will be a Blue G2C 12 round 9mm per the settlement.

GregoryB.

Forgot about the whole pistol and ffl thing. Will have to hold onto mine for now. Wife is a Soldier and we don't live in our home state.

bevills1

Is the ffl requirement something that changed recently? I once returned a rifle to Ruger for repair as did a friend as well, and there was no ffl requirement for guns shipped from the manufacturer to the original owner of the gun. I would think that would apply to this similar procedure where Taurus would be shipping to the original owner of the recalled gun. Does anyone know more about this?

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
It took them like 9 months to get me a new gun. Sold it a week later. Never even fired it. No more Taurus for me.

GregoryB.

Different gun, different caliber and a different serial number. Not getting the same gun back that you turned in. Bernie needs to be able to track it and take it later.

Latest posts