Any ideas?

GDAWG84

My father in law found this in a field wash the other day. It’s heavily oxidized and very heavy for its size, almost like it was made out of lead. It measures 1 5/8” x 1 1/2” x 1/4” thick. I’m stumped as to what it can be. F79AB3B8-87B2-411E-B691-8F836CB20A76.jpeg0F378D9C-B5DB-453F-A4F9-2F5F6B82D09C.jpeg

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
My best guess is it came off some type of farm implement

SemperFiDawg

I’m guessing it’s not lead judging by the pitting and coloring of the patina as well as the pitting pattern from the rust. Still guessing steel from a farm implement. Could be off anything from a planter to a cotton picker. Also looks like fairly recent wear in the second pic unless your friend tried to clean it up with a wire brush

Last edited:

GDAWG84

Nah he hasn’t cleaned it up any. We were kinda leaning towards an emblem or something off a piece of farm equipment as well. If it is steel, wouldn’t it have rusted instead of oxidized?

SemperFiDawg

Nah he hasn’t cleaned it up any. We were kinda leaning towards an emblem or something off a piece of farm equipment as well. If it is steel, wouldn’t it have rusted instead of oxidized?

That looks like rust to me