Been tinkering with a Mauser

mwood1985

Picked up a sporterized Spanish action and barrel in 6.5x55 Swede a few months back. Has a rough stock so ordered a Boyds today. Can't decide if I wanna do a traditional blue finish or leave it as is. The stock is pretty close to the scoped picture. That was the goal with mine. Similar look or blue it? What's everyone's thoughts.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1632280699410.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632280699410.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 20210924_220053.jpg
    20210924_220053.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 103

Big7

The Oracle
I like blue on Mausers.

Wish I still had the FNH 8X57 barreled action I picked up a years ago. It was a beauty, already PROPERLY bent and checkered bolt.

Never did make time to finish building that one.
Makes me sick to even think about it.

Also got rid of a "plain" Carl Gustaf made in Germany 6.5X55. It had potential and was a good shooter.

For some odd reason, I got rid of about 10 long guns and a few handguns that year, not used much. Can't replace them now- at any cost really. Bummer.

Think I have some Nosler Hunting BT's somewhere and nothing to shoot them in.

mwood1985

I've got 3 rifles. One turk 98 in 6.5 one Swedish carl Gustaf in 6.5 and my Spanish. The Spanish already has a timney trigger and its the best feel of the 3. Just need a decent stock and figure out the finish. Might rebarrel the Turkish to something different. And possibly barrel the Spanish back to 7mm Mauser

Bobby Bigtime

Let us know what you do and how it turns out. The one I just finished I stripped and cold blued. She isn't perfect but was awful when I started and shoots great... Was a fun project ?

mwood1985

Let us know what you do and how it turns out. The one I just finished I stripped and cold blued. She isn't perfect but was awful when I started and shoots great... Was a fun project ?
In this case im not sure i want it perfect. A few imperfections reminds me its a 100 year old action. But I think it'll turn out nice. Gotta save up for the 400 dollar stock

mwood1985

I rebuilt the stock on a German drilling, it included a break in the wrist of the stock. Used acra-glass, been shooting it for years now.
I've shot it and it seems fine. Makes me wonder if I could leave it. Dont bother me to have a new one made