Garmin Echomap UHD 93 SV with Gt54 transducer

littlejon

Looking to get this unit. I have a couple of humminbirds now but the price on this Garmin is such that I think I'm going to grab one. I'm concerned the price is so good I'm missing something. What say you?.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I've got two of the 93sv units. One on a Livescope transducer and one on the GT54. I have no complaints. I can find the fish. Just gotta make them bite.

ecoutside

Better hold out for a week or so. According to Cabelas and Bass Pro’s Black Friday ads the 93sv is about to go on sale. Been looking at them myself.

BassRaider

I have the 93 & 73 sv uhd w/ gt56 transducers. Good units but wait for the sale to get $300 off(gt54).
Both GT54/ GT56 have Traditional CHIRP, Clear Vu and side Vu. I believe the 56 is more for deeper water?

littlejon

I saw where Bass Pro will have them for $700. And West Marine normally has it for 800 but will be going on sale for $700

ecoutside

Just a heads up, Cabelas had the Garmin 73SV w/ GT54 transducer for $500 and free shipping. That’s $300 off regular price. Just ordered one myself.

hopper

I have a 2 yr old 93sv plus what am I missing with the UHD? Worth switching over or no?

klerchkatcher

I have a 2 yr old 93sv plus what am I missing with the UHD? Worth switching over or no?

I too have a 2 yr old 93 sv plus, used mainly for livescope. The UHD gives you the higher frequencies on side and down scan. The UHD probably has a faster processor and is still receiving updates etc. The higher frequencies show better detail. There are a couple youtube videos comparing the GT-56 vs GT-54.

The mtn man

I have a 2 year old unit, I love it...

littlejon

It was a very easy hookup yesterday. Very straightforward with everything you need in the Box. Took it out today for a test run and so far I do like it. I get interference when I hit the trolling motor so hopefully I can figure that out. I didn't have the issue with my humminbird unit

klerchkatcher

It was a very easy hookup yesterday. Very straightforward with everything you need in the Box. Took it out today for a test run and so far I do like it. I get interference when I hit the trolling motor so hopefully I can figure that out. I didn't have the issue with my humminbird unit

Make sure you have the wires for the depthfinder seperate from the trolling motor battery. Hooking the depthfinder to the trolling motor battery is a sure way to have interference. Did you're depthfinder come with a choke? It is a square looking thing. You hook that to the transducer cable right behind the unit. The choke is suppose to help with RFI.

littlejon

Make sure you have the wires for the depthfinder seperate from the trolling motor battery. Hooking the depthfinder to the trolling motor battery is a sure way to have interference. Did you're depthfinder come with a choke? It is a square looking thing. You hook that to the transducer cable right behind the unit. The choke is suppose to help with RFI.
It is wired to my cranking battery.. It did come with something that does look like a noise filter that Clips onto a cable. I will give that a try. Thank you

littlejon

Took it out today. With the Garmin supplied noise filter it helped a lot. Also played with some of the settings. I still get in interference. But I can live with it at this point.

Angel Eyes

I bought the Garmin 93sv when it first came out. Love the touch screen. I get interference with my minn Kota trolling motor. I have tried everything under the sun and YouTube too clean it up. Apparently my year trolling motor puts out interference that nobody has been able to clean up. After 2 years of trying everything and taking all advice I gave up and just live with it. Strange that the interference only seems to effect Garmin. Good luck and if anyone can fix the problem you would be a hero to many Garmin owners.

littlejon

Mine is likeable at this point but not happy with interference. Love the unit. My Humminbird I took off had no interference but it did have a in- line factory installed noise filter. Maybe thats the difference.