Jesus 101- Church Attendance is Not a Priority

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in disagreement with you on that Brother. No one made them go to Church. My opinion at the time and to this day is the Government has no business closing churches. My Church did close the doors and went online but it was a decision made by our pastor.. My knee-jerk reaction was to be against it, until I spoke to him. His reasoning was simple and out of love. We have a good many older people and he said he couldn't live with himself if something happened to one of them. I was wrong in my knee-jerk opinion, and I'll admit it. Today, we know a whole lot more about the virus and things are different. Some of the older people in our church did die from Covid, but it wasn't contracted at church as it was closed. Additionally, at this point people have all made their personal decisions on what they will and won't do and where they will and won't go, but I stand by that it's always been a personal decision.
I agree 100% that the government has absolutely no business shutting down churches. Never said that I did. My point is that having some common sense and missing a couple Sundays of church is better than missing potentially several decades of it (not to mention what your family has to go through,) because you're stubborn and dead. I don't think Jesus would mind at all.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I read you’re posts every now and then and all you seem to do is try to make the word of God fit what you like in life. Drinking and now not going to church.

Jesus drunk and didn't go to church. If you don't believe it says in the Bible that Jesus drunk alcohol, then you are guilty of what you accuse others of doing.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I agree 100% that the government has absolutely no business shutting down churches. Never said that I did. My point is that having some common sense and missing a couple Sundays of church is better than missing potentially several decades of it (not to mention what your family has to go through,) because you're stubborn and dead. I don't think Jesus would mind at all.

Agreed. Seems like a lot of people got their skivies in a wad over their church closing ,and it's still there. I realized that I was wrong, and that it was done out of love. Apparently others can't see actions out of love for their strict adherence to scripture. Where have I heard that before? Hmmmmmm......something about some Pharisees upset about Jesus healing on the Sabbath or something like that......maybe.

Note to @Madman: I understand the purpose in you guys keeping the doors open with regards to the importance of the sacraments. I had never even considered that aspects, but that's a HUGE deal for you now that I think about it.

Madman

Amen to the first sentence.

Does the second have any power over it to negate/modify/limit by any encroachment? Or even distort by expansion?

I don't see that it does.

All authority in the Church belongs to Jesus Christ regardless of any propensity any might have to recognize or acknowledge it as coming in greater or lesser measure in regards to any other place.
Jesus Christ placed men in charge until his return.

I do understand that many on here are capable of having every question, thought, and concern directly and specifically answered by the creator of everything visible and invisible.

I have not been elevated to that status and therefore rely, in part, on some of those wise men he has put in charge of his church.