Found some old stuff…

ky55

ky55

I keep digging around and finding more stuff.
Today I found some stuff I made:
Short starters and loading blocks…

12A362E4-1EDA-47A5-B21C-DFA890F2E6C7.jpeg

ky55

Being a machinist for almost 50 years I am amazed at some of the skills our ancestors had

Yes,
I look at the inletting, inlays, and metal work on the old guns and it’s just amazing.

ky55

Thank you Nic!
Several years ago my eyes got to where I couldn’t see the rear sights on my ML rifles. It seems to be a pretty common problem.
So all my good stuff ended up on the wall or stored away out of sight.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
You have some very remarkable equipment. Would make some fine kits for a muzzleloader. Really like the squirrel rifle. I have one on order that I hope turns out that nice.

ky55

You have some very remarkable equipment. Would make some fine kits for a muzzleloader. Really like the squirrel rifle. I have one on order that I hope turns out that nice.

Thank you!
Good luck on the new rifle!
??

trad bow

Unique(at least to me)plugs on those. I like them. Any history on them?
I’ve got some Muzzleloader magazines that have horns with those type plugs. Let me get these grandkids taken care of and I’ll find them.

trad bow

If you find them put them where you can find them again easily,please.
I’ll bring them with me next week. I know where they are. Just a matter of waiting till the grandkids parents show up in the morning.

ky55

That is why I shoot a smooth bore now. 1 sight way down the barrel so I can see it.

I got a 54 SB, but I never could get the right patch fit with a .530 ball so I didn’t shoot it much.
The single sight sure makes it easier to shoot!

C24B922E-78BF-4837-9912-C5FA3F507C96.jpeg

Last edited:

ky55

A .530 ball would be a little tight in a 54 smooth. I shoot a .535 in my 56.

I have a .530 mold and some lead.
Is there a thin patch that would make it work, or do I need to find a new mold and patch combination?