Anybody been to St. Mark's, Panacea area lately

slow motion

Wife and I are trying to get away this weekend. So far looks like the wave height may be up a bit more than I like. Just wondering if anyone had a report lately. I would imagine trout to be in the holes in rivers and creeks but sometimes too much freshwater moves them around I think.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I was down last weekend just checking on things with no boat.
The fish have not piled into the upper river yet like they did last year.

doomtrpr_z71

I was down the week of Christmas and the fish were in the back of the creeks, last I heard they were still in the creeks with water temps in the high 50s on the flats

slow motion

I was down last weekend just checking on things with no boat.
The fish have not piled into the upper river yet like they did last year.
Thought I read somewhere on the forum you were taking the jonboat down to fish. Was hoping you caught a few. Guess I got it mixed up.

The Fever

It's going to be a cold, windy, and wet weekend down there. Weather has been warm and they aren't on a winter pattern yet. Fall fishing.

Hit-n-Miss

New report from yesterday on BBF said they did well in the river. I can't figure river fishing out, I'll wait till spring and hit the flats. Ecofina or Keaton for me not figured out St. Marks yet.

slow motion

New report from yesterday on BBF said they did well in the river. I can't figure river fishing out, I'll wait till spring and hit the flats. Ecofina or Keaton for me not figured out St. Marks yet.
I'm not dialed in on the rivers either. More sporadic for me. Winter I do better in the Ochlockonee though probably just more familiar with that area. Much rain though and the Ochlockonee and the Sopchoppy Rivers send a lot of fresh water down. Seems to me it moves the trout around. Makes it hard to find them.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I'm not dialed in on the rivers either. More sporadic for me. Winter I do better in the Ochlockonee though probably just more familiar with that area. Much rain though and the Ochlockonee and the Sopchoppy Rivers send a lot of fresh water down. Seems to me it moves the trout around. Makes it hard to find them.

If the trout are in the St. Marks river you won't have any problem finding them.
The will be 100 boats in a 1/4 mile section of the river where they are.

slow motion

If the trout are in the St. Marks river you won't have any problem finding them.
The will be 100 boats in a 1/4 mile section of the river where they are.
I've heard it's commonplace but I'm not sure I'd feel good about crowding in on someone. Maybe it's not that big of a deal in those situations. I don't really have much experience with winter river fishing so I don't know what is protocol. Guess I need to go with someone who is familiar with it and learn what's expected. Thanks for the tip though my friend. Did you make it back down and fish the grouper holes like you had planned?

notnksnemor

I've heard it's commonplace but I'm not sure I'd feel good about crowding in on someone. Maybe it's not that big of a deal in those situations. I don't really have much experience with winter river fishing so I don't know what is protocol. Guess I need to go with someone who is familiar with it and learn what's expected. Thanks for the tip though my friend. Did you make it back down and fish the grouper holes like you had planned?

The protocol is, there is no protocol.
Boats will be anchored in the river channel and those running farther down river will blast by them.
It can be a real zoo at times but if you launch at the city ramp, you'll only burn 1/4 gallon of gas.

slow motion

The protocol is, there is no protocol.
Boats will be anchored in the river channel and those running farther down river will blast by them.
It can be a real zoo at times but if you launch at the city ramp, you'll only burn 1/4 gallon of gas.
One more question. Definitely not my business. Are you ever going to move your camper back to Fish Camp or have you run away from home for good?

notnksnemor

One more question. Definitely not my business. Are you ever going to move your camper back to Fish Camp or have you run away from home for good?

I'm gone for good from there.

I will still fish that area but any bait or ice I need, I'll go to Jerry's and get it.
I'll not give another dollar of my money to the Horn's.
Ecofina is a lot better fishery IMO.

slow motion

I'm gone for good from there.

I will still fish that area but any bait or ice I need, I'll go to Jerry's and get it.
I'll not give another dollar of my money to the Horn's.
Ecofina is a lot better fishery IMO.
One day work is going to slow down enough that I can drag the little skiff over and visit. I hear good things about the Ecofina but those rocks scare me.

doomtrpr_z71

With small craft advisory about to begin and a gale warning coming in tomorrow not looking good for taking out the boat. I know @doomtrpr_z71 liked to fish in hurricanes but I'm not as brave.
Blows the lures into the fishes mouths
bom-ikan.gif

notnksnemor

One day work is going to slow down enough that I can drag the little skiff over and visit. I hear good things about the Ecofina but those rocks scare me.

I was worried at first.
Come on over, you can follow me out or I can ride with you.
Miss Lucy is made for Ecofina.
I come and go on no less than a +1.5' tide.
You can squeeze it down to at least a +1'.
Do you still have my cell #.