Super Blackhawk

deast1988

2.5in high at 25yds, gets you out to 70/75yds. Burris Fixed 2x, should make that thing shine.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Picked up this beauty a few days ago! I’m ready to dial it in and then chase some pigs. Hopefully I can post some pics soon.
Been out of look'n / buying guns for a while, do all the new Super Blackhawks come with a unfluted cylinder? If not, it's like the one I bought in the 90's.. beefed up for a lot of target shooting. Little heavier on the front end.. less recoil.

Darkhorse

wag03

I have the Bisley Hunter model. It came with scope rings from the factory. I just need to decide on a scope.

deerslayer357

I have the Bisley Hunter model. It came with scope rings from the factory. I just need to decide on a scope.

44 mag I assume?

Big7

The Oracle
Picked up this beauty a few days ago! I’m ready to dial it in and then chase some pigs. Hopefully I can post some pics soon.
Nice. Well, at least you don't have to worry about rings and a mount.

Ruger makes THE BEST and it don't matter if it's factory, competition, military or you hired a machine shop to make you a one if a kind custom, you can't beat Ruger at any cost. :wink:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I sure miss mine. A methhead that busted my door down while I was at work several years ago decided he needed it more than I did.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

frankwright

I am really surprised that more stolen guns aren't recovered.
My hunting partner lost a 6" .357 Taurus in a shoulder holster. It either fell out of the truck while we were loading up or he laid it on the fender and drove off in the dark. We were at a kind of shady hotel.
My grandson had a Glock 19 stolen out of his truck while at a small camper park. We suspect the son of the owner as no one else was around but no proof.
Neither have ever been recovered.
Another friend had a tricked out competition gun stolen from his car after an indoor match and they all went to a restaurant to eat.(something I won't do).
It was recovered, guy was caught, skipped bail and they won't release the gun until the case clears. Probably been 8 years. He traveled from Colorado to Atlanta for a hearing and still no gun.

tell sackett

That's a sho nuff purty handgun. Hard to go wrong with a Blackhawk.:rockon:

Robust Redhorse

That's a beauty!

IMO - .44 Mag is the cartridge to get when you want to hunt big-game with a pistol, that is really a pistol.

My two big game handgun kills were with a 9mm and a .40 S&W. I wasn't really hunting with them, just knew they would get the job done from my tree stand!

Big7

The Oracle
Ruger Integral Scope Mount sockets and Rings are the very best available at any cost.

I wish they were on every big revolver or center fire rifle made. ?

Darkhorse

When I first got really interested in rifles and deer hunting not all rifles were drilled and tapped for scope bases. There were a lot of hunters who didn't trust scopes and there were also those who could see no reason to change from a sighting system that had served them well. I myself saw no scope in my future.
So it should come as no surprise Bill Ruger didn't offer a drilled and tapped Super Blackhawk pistol, very few people had ever even seen a pistol with a scope on it. It was enough for most that we now had a large pistol in the .44 magnum available.
What I wanted was that big single action with a 7 1/2" barrel with pistol sights, I got one and was happy for decades.
But now my eyes are ageing, as are the eyes of many who have bought these pistols over the years. And I think a red dot is the best solution. I have an Aimpoint tube type red dot lounging in my safe that needs a gun to call home. Trouble is my Super Blackhawk is to old to be drilled and tapped from Ruger and I don't want it drilled and tapped. So some aftermarket system is my best bet.
But if I had it to do over again I would definitely get one already drilled and tapped. If they are not all shipped with at least a simple drilled and tapped job then I think they should be.
Things change. Times are different. Not many see a need to carry a lever action and a pistol of the same caliber anymore.

Big7

The Oracle
When I first got really interested in rifles and deer hunting not all rifles were drilled and tapped for scope bases. There were a lot of hunters who didn't trust scopes and there were also those who could see no reason to change from a sighting system that had served them well. I myself saw no scope in my future.
So it should come as no surprise Bill Ruger didn't offer a drilled and tapped Super Blackhawk pistol, very few people had ever even seen a pistol with a scope on it. It was enough for most that we now had a large pistol in the .44 magnum available.
What I wanted was that big single action with a 7 1/2" barrel with pistol sights, I got one and was happy for decades.
But now my eyes are ageing, as are the eyes of many who have bought these pistols over the years. And I think a red dot is the best solution. I have an Aimpoint tube type red dot lounging in my safe that needs a gun to call home. Trouble is my Super Blackhawk is to old to be drilled and tapped from Ruger and I don't want it drilled and tapped. So some aftermarket system is my best bet.
But if I had it to do over again I would definitely get one already drilled and tapped. If they are not all shipped with at least a simple drilled and tapped job then I think they should be.
Things change. Times are different. Not many see a need to carry a lever action and a pistol of the same caliber anymore.
Fear not.
The shop I retired from can do as good as any Smith. As bad as I hate to say it, probably a lot better.

Not sure if you could stand the cost of the socket Ruger uses.

That would have to be measured, modeled on a computer in 3D and then CNC programmed and CNC milled but it's doable.

If you just want to drill and bottom tap a few holes for a "regular", for lack of a better term, scope mount, that's a cake walk.

All they need is the mount location of first hole marked on the revolver to YOUR eye relief and they can take it from there for not much money.

A lot if CNC Shops wont touch a firearm for liability issues. BUT.. I can tell them it's mine and they will do it. Prolly could sign an insurance waiver and go up down down there and do it myself.

I wish I had done all the side jobs that were offered to me during my career but at the time, I didn't want to work lunch, stay late or come in on the weekends. Not just firearms either.