Further Validating My Divorce of the Falcons

HermanMerman

I’ve been following the draft on and off over the past couple of days, mostly watching where the Bulldogs were going. Last night I checked and noticed Nakobe Dean and Channing Tindall still available but the Falcons had drafted a linebacker from Montana State and another from Western Kentucky???? You can’t tell me either was a better option over those two guys. I stopped watching the Falcons when they blew the Super Bowl, and truly see no way they turn fan interest around by ignoring the uber talented group of players that reside right down the road in Athens.

BamaGeorgialine

I’ve been following the draft on and off over the past couple of days, mostly watching where the Bulldogs were going. Last night I checked and noticed Nakobe Dean and Channing Tindall still available but the Falcons had drafted a linebacker from Montana State and another from Western Kentucky???? You can’t tell me either was a better option over those two guys. I stopped watching the Falcons when they blew the Super Bowl, and truly see no way they turn fan interest around by ignoring the uber talented group of players that reside right down the road in Athens.
Nobody will care IF they win. Notice that I said IF

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Who/what are these "Falcons" you speak of?

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Falcons not beating their way out of used wet toilet paper! The Smith family were much better owners.

Reactions: srb

HermanMerman

And then get this….the Falcons finally draft a guy from UGA, but draft Justin Schaffer over Jamaree Salyer. Schaffer was a solid player for UGA, but confusing him as somehow better than Salyer is insane.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Insane-
in a state of mind which prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.

The Falcons team leadership is insane.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
There hasn't been any "Professional" football in Atlanta in decades.

jbarron

BANNED
I checked and noticed Nakobe Dean and Channing Tindall still available but the Falcons had drafted a linebacker from Montana State and another from Western Kentucky???? You can’t tell me either was a better option over those two guys.

I felt the same way... but this Troy Anderson is a heck of an athlete...

2017 Big Sky Freshman Of The Year as RB
2018 First Team All Big Sky as QB
2019 First Team All Big Sky as LB
2020 Covid cancelled their season
2021 FCS ADA National Player Of The Year as LB
2021 First Team AP FCS All American as LB
2021 First Team All Big Sky as LB

Watch this

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/troy-andersen/3200414e-4403-2919-d53c-a916ee67b720

Whitefeather

Management Material
Realistically if you catch a single starter off of the draft you're doing good.
But sadly they need about 6 staters from this draft. A why a Pass catching TE with the last pick????
Should be stock piling OL and DL not TE

treemanjohn

Banned
But sadly they need about 6 staters from this draft. A why a Pass catching TE with the last pick????
Should be stock piling OL and DL not TE
You are correct. I'm a trench warfare guy. Every great offense and defense starts with the line. I know they did pick up some decent players in the off season. I'm just thinking Fontenot knows what he's doing. Time will tell

What about the Patriots first pick???? Belichick knows something the rest of the world doesn't

Whitefeather

Management Material
You are correct. I'm a trench warfare guy. Every great offense and defense starts with the line. I know they did pick up some decent players in the off season. I'm just thinking Fontenot knows what he's doing. Time will tell

What about the Patriots first pick???? Belichick knows something the rest of the world doesn't
I agree but I’m worried about his strategy to rebuild this team.

Belichick just thinking he’s so much smarter than everyone else. If you go back and look, his draft record isn’t very good.

huntersluck

I’m not saying the people they drafted will be successful but to even suggest they won’t or they aren’t as good as somebody else because of where they went to school is ridiculous. Jerry Rice went to Mississippi valley state and Kurt Warner went to northern Iowa. Jemarcus Russell went to LSU and where is he now. The fact is nobody knows how any of these players will turn out til they get that paycheck in their hands and the “want to” stays or goes.

JWF III

I felt the same way... but this Troy Anderson is a heck of an athlete...

2017 Big Sky Freshman Of The Year as RB
2018 First Team All Big Sky as QB
2019 First Team All Big Sky as LB
2020 Covid cancelled their season
2021 FCS ADA National Player Of The Year as LB
2021 First Team AP FCS All American as LB
2021 First Team All Big Sky as LB

Watch this

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/troy-andersen/3200414e-4403-2919-d53c-a916ee67b720

He MAY prove to be a good pick. There is extreme talent on the FCS teams. My issue with them is what kind of talent did they line up against. How many of those awards, that you listed, would he have received lining up against SEC caliber talent every week? Would he win the Butkus Award?

Wyman