Make the Kayak/Canoe Forum Great Again (pics/camping)...

Bananaslug22

I have a great group of friends from our Church and we were able to recently have our 7th Annual Mens Camping trip. Always a great time on the river and we were extremely successful as our group of 18 men (14 fished) caught an estimated 130 to 140 fish(1 spot, 1 largie, 2 catfish and rest were Shoalies) in only two floats down the river - on on Friday and one on Saturday.

I caught my Shoal Bass PB during the 2021 trip at 3.1 lbs. I was really hoping to break the 4lb mark this time around but I was really just hoping to catch some decent numbers. I caught a 4lb'er on the Friday float and then caught a 5lb'er (21.5 inches) on the Saturday float followed up a short time later with another 4lb'er!

The first 4lb'er is in my kayak seat and the 2nd 4lb'er is me standing in front of a shoal. I'll have to get the 5lb'er pic uploaded.

Two more fish were caught by two of my buddies that went 20 inches. They did not have a scale with them as I was not nearby when they caught them.

We were blessed with perfect weather and perfect river conditions and as always, are blessed by the Lord for the Outdoors he has given us!

Attachments

• IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    544.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0104.PNG
    IMG_0104.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_E0113.JPG
    IMG_E0113.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 105

DSGB

Sounds like a great time and those are some excellent shoalies! Congrats!

I've yet to get on the water this year and only got out once last year.

Bananaslug22

The mens camping trip last year may have been my only time getting out to do some serious kayak fishing. Went kayaking with the family several times last year but we're mainly floating down the river and not stopping on a rock for 20 minutes fishing in every direction!!
4 of us took our wives camping in October but unfortunately we had rains the week prior and the river was high and muddy so no fishing that weekend either.
With the boys in sports in the spring and fall, it definitely squeezes the available time to fish but I'm going to push the issue a little more this year and get out there as much as I can.
My boys are getting a little older and they seem to be itching to go with me more and more so I got plenty of reason to do so.

Bananaslug22

Sounds like a great time and those are some excellent shoalies! Congrats!

I've yet to get on the water this year and only got out once last year.

I just want to say I've always enjoyed reading your signature quote by Grizzard. So true! I feel bad for people who cant watch/understand the game with that mindset.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Cool! Now what's the story about that fawn? Looks very content in your arms
It was pinned between a piece of pine log and a large rock in the water. I really thought it was dead! My son moved the log and I scooped it up with my paddle and we took it to shore. Stayed with it until it was dry and warm, then hid it in some grass. I didn’t know what else to do with it. Definitely wasn’t leaving it in the water.