? 2022 Smack talk thread ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Well good luck to every one here on the final stretch!
I'm headed to club to put in food plots and hunt with bro in law da rest of the week.
So I don't have GON down there I'll talk to y'all in a few days
Congrats on the big bird. I’m going to my club early tomorrow and get after them. I’m usually done killing or burnt out by now so I’m not sure what will happen. The weather looks decent

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Congrats on the big bird. I’m going to my club early tomorrow and get after them. I’m usually done killing or burnt out by now so I’m not sure what will happen. The weather looks decent

Slept in today, legs and back were letting me know, especially after humping everything uphill yesterday. Had some honey do's to do around the house as well. Suppose to rain in the morning, should be able to slip in quiet, we'll see.

WOODIE13

I’d still do this without any prizes ! And I hope everyone else would also .

There are prizes?

Definitely want to do it again next year, all the camaraderie has motivated me to hunt more this year than ever before, think I have missed 5 or 6 days so far. I've heard or saw birds all but two days, one was a blizzard and saw a bunch of gobbler tracks by the truck, so that really helped also.

We have one more week here to go.

Good luck and be safe

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
There are prizes?

Definitely want to do it again next year, all the camaraderie has motivated me to hunt more this year than ever before, think I have missed 5 or 6 days so far. I've heard or saw birds all but two days, one was a blizzard and saw a bunch of gobbler tracks by the truck, so that really helped also.

We have one more week here to go.

Good luck and be safe
I got everybody paid today and my jobs will be ok till Monday. I’m headed to the club tomorrow. It’s a 2 hour drive. It depends on how many reebs I drink tonight as to when I get there. I’m shooting for 6 am. We’ll see. The contest ends Sunday at sunset but you keep on hunting and get your bird. This is my 4th or 5th time joining in. It’s always fun.The team I was on even won it 2 years ago. I was fortunate to kill 3 really good birds. I won a quart of moonshine from seatrout for killing the highest scoring bird. Between this shingles crap and work, I haven’t been in the woods in 4 weeks. It kinda feels like opening day to me. I’ll give it my best the next 3 days.

WOODIE13

Oh I will, shot a lot of lonely birds the last week even with my pitiful calling.

Helping out setting up a kids fishing day tomorrow afternoon and all day Saturday, got tomorrow morning and Sunday, got a graduation dinner Sunday afternoon to go to.

WOODIE13

Now they just need to add bearded hens to the score sheet next year?

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I got everybody paid today and my jobs will be ok till Monday. I’m headed to the club tomorrow. It’s a 2 hour drive. It depends on how many reebs I drink tonight as to when I get there. I’m shooting for 6 am. We’ll see. The contest ends Sunday at sunset but you keep on hunting and get your bird. This is my 4th or 5th time joining in. It’s always fun.The team I was on even won it 2 years ago. I was fortunate to kill 3 really good birds. I won a quart of moonshine from seatrout for killing the highest scoring bird. Between this shingles crap and work, I haven’t been in the woods in 4 weeks. It kinda feels like opening day to me. I’ll give it my best the next 3 days.
Good luck Guthrie ! Did Wayne Davis get back in your lease ? He was always on here and I’m not sure I’ve see him since last season . Seemed he had some life issues going on , hope all is well with him

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Good luck Guthrie ! Did Wayne Davis get back in your lease ? He was always on here and I’m not sure I’ve see him since last season . Seemed he had some life issues going on , hope all is well with him
Yes. He’s a member. He didn’t understand why his bird got disqualified last year and gave up on the forum. He hasn’t killed a bird this year on the club.

WOODIE13

Yes. He’s a member. He didn’t understand why his bird got disqualified last year and gave up on the forum. He hasn’t killed a bird this year on the club.
Then wear them out?

WOODIE13

I'll jake shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.