Drivelers drinking lots of water #416

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It was definitely colder during the winter and for a longer period during my childhood.

My youngest brother was born November 30 of 1957. Mama said snow was on the ground. Like I said above it barely even gets frost now in November.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Little deer had spots on it,been there estimated three days. No report of road damage?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Worked outdoors this morning til noon, after that I’ve been drenched……in Air conditioning.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I stopped by my warehouse at about 4:45pm this afternoon and the hanging thermometer inside is a "mercury column type" that was registering 116° F. Just while unlocking the two locks on the door to get inside, these metal locks burned my hands so much that I had to toss them in a box immediately. It made me wonder just what was the real "heat index" inside as it was very difficult to even breathe. Yep, I can honestly say that this afternoon was one of those "HOT as a $3 PISTOL" days for sure !!!

I just checked my inside/outside home thermometer gismo just now and the outside is registering 103°F in the shade while the inside temperature is showing 80°F and it is feeling fairly nice inside as the air is circulating about with the A/C running full blast.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Reckon I ride to Lowes and get a couple tees for my little irrigation lines. Bought 2 @ a HD this morn early and reconfigured it for 2 zones. Those tees are no good they leak, even with stainless hose clamps on them. The images of the ones @ Lowes appear to be a different style with a screw on fitting instead of a simple slip onto a barb. Hope so anyway, because these are worthless.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I stopped by my warehouse at about 4:45pm this afternoon and the hanging thermometer inside is a "mercury column type" that was registering 116° F. Just while unlocking the two locks on the door to get inside, these metal locks burned my hands so much that I had to toss them in a box immediately. It made me wonder just what was the real "heat index" inside as it was very difficult to even breathe. Yep, I can honestly say that this afternoon was one of those "HOT as a $3 PISTOL" days for sure !!!

I just checked my inside/outside home thermometer gismo just now and the outside is registering 103°F in the shade while the inside temperature is showing 80°F and it is feeling fairly nice inside as the air is circulating about with the A/C running full blast.

Maintaining 71° 24/7 here Mike.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It didn’t get this hot when the 3 of us were kids in the 60s. Quite the opposite. It got considerably colder in the winters. And winter started earlier. We had hog killing weather in November back then. Heck it doesn’t even come killing frost until mid November now.

I didn`t think so. Yea, we had hog killings about the second week of November down here. Smokehouse would be slam full of meat.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
No need for a smoke house especially a cold smoke.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good mornin crew…

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Morning Fish, Ruger. A toasty 71 degrees on the mount this am.

I've got a potted sugar maple in front of the house that I transplanted/potted from the house I sold last year. The things done quite well in the pot, almost doubling in size. When I came home yesterday, about half the leaves were shriveled and dry. Happened yesterday, as I had watered it the evening before and it was fine. I guess it can't take day after day of +90 weather with low humidity. Hope it recovers.

Moved it to the shade, and soaked it good again. We'll see.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Morning Fish, Ruger. A toasty 71 degrees on the mount this am.

I've got a potted sugar maple in front of the house that I transplanted/potted from the house I sold last year. The things done quite well in the pot, almost doubling in size. When I came home yesterday, about half the leaves were shriveled and dry. Happened yesterday, as I had watered it the evening before and it was fine. I guess it can't take day after day of +90 weather with low humidity. Hope it recovers.

Moved it to the shade, and soaked it good again. We'll see.

I lost three dwarf boxwood hedges in a matter of days. Should have been paying closer attention in this heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.