Do you full length or neck size?

fauxferret

Full length for anything I'm hunting. Neck size for all else especially target.

I had a friend several years ago miss a sizeable bull elk because he wanted to ring an extra .25 MOA accuracy out of his rifle. I sure spending that amount of money just to miss your moby dick must really be a kick in the groin. So I've taken the approach that if I can't get it to shoot with factory or FL sized rounds experiment till I do or sell it.

BriarPatch99

I think normal dies work out to somewhere around .003-.005 of neck tension. You may be able to polish a sizing button down to get a little less. The advantage is with the S Type is you can adjust it closer to where you want it

I have been called a lot of things...big $$$$...was never one of them :cool:

Yeah ....I heard your Wife give you some names that won't pass a adult site ...much less here?

Jester896

Senior Clown
I think normal dies work out to somewhere around .003-.005 of neck tension. You may be able to polish a sizing button down to get a little less drag. The advantage is with the S Type is you can adjust it closer to where you want it

Personally, I wouldn’t mess with the expander. Seems like reducing the size would increase tension.

:LOL: ...note to self...don't wait on customers, answer emails and type in a forum thread at the same time. Thanks for the heads up. I fixed it.

rmp

? Not a worry.

I read it a couple times to get my head on straight because I’ve been scatterbrained the last couple days. Lots going on all of a sudden and time at the loading bench or just thinking about the stuff reels me in and helps me mellow out.

rmp

I had a friend several years ago miss a sizeable bull elk because he wanted to ring an extra .25 MOA accuracy out of his rifle.

Would you mind sharing the Paul Harvey version? Never had one too accurate much less cause me to miss a bull elk. Thanks for your time.

rosewood

Would you mind sharing the Paul Harvey version? Never had one too accurate much less cause me to miss a bull elk. Thanks for your time.
I suspect he necked sized and it wouldn't chamber.

Dub

:LOL: ...note to self...don't wait on customers, answer emails and type in a forum thread at the same time. Thanks for the heads up. I fixed it.

Juggling Jester.....multi-tasking. :rofl:

You are better than me, man. If I use my cellphone to read & reply on forums a pile of bad things can occur.

First...my phone hates me. It autocorrects what I'm typing into something not at all correct....then if I try to backspace delete part of a word and type the correction....it'll go off the rails with jumbled mess.

Then...without rhyme or reason, Siri will come and start talking to me.

Phone. Hates. Me.

I'm a crappy multitasker and not coordinated enough to juggle.....so I start, stop, resume, start, stop, resume in a maddening sequence.

? Not a worry.

I read it a couple times to get my head on straight because I’ve been scatterbrained the last couple days. Lots going on all of a sudden and time at the loading bench or just thinking about the stuff reels me in and helps me mellow out.

I hear ya, man.

Hope all is well.

I did get some tinkering time on the bench early this evening. Wasn't long enough, but it was very relaxing.

Been shaking off some type of head/sinus/chest crud.....Mucinex has been golden....while nursing a sick dog. It's nuts...I'll get one of the dogs doing well and then the other will have issues. They are getting older and it's showing.

I can be stuck on night shift having a cruddy shift....get a lunch break and grab a cup of java and read up about everyone's loading & progress and it is mighty relaxing.
It'll get me fired up about my next step with my own efforts.

Dub

yeah right...I'm just one calamity after the next facepalm:

:bounce:

One thing is for certain.....having a sense of humor and seeing the comedy in situations can be a gift that will get you past the aggravations and through the tough times.

Having goals and fun projects underway are helpful, too.,

Here's hoping that the shooting fun will continue for all of us here....and the consumables we need will become more easily attainable.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I'm doing OK there...I carry a shaker with me most places and sprinkle it on a lot of things.

Speaking of Commodities today there was 1# of TAC and 1K BR-4s

PG is in Gulf Shores watching Big C play tournament ball...won first game 9-1 and the second 17-0 at the bottom of the 4th...that's where I needed to be today. Instead I was with customers, answering emails and typing on a Great Forum...has anyone seen my balance...I seem to have misplaced it...SIRI where is my balance?

rmp

Thanks for the well wishes Dub. Everything is good. Just got back from a trip into Montana.

Yes sir. Relaxing and helps keep the brain active instead of the day to day mundane. Hopefully I get to do it full time sooner than later.

Hope you get better soon and the pooches get back to easy living.

Reactions: Dub