oneill outside radio

ucfireman

Tell me how to make the radio show better and tell me if you guys listen.

I'm not up early enough to listen. But if I was I would listen.
Honestly haven't heard it in a few years so I have no input.
I catch the TV show occasionally, When I see it I watch it.
It seems to be all reruns or old footage now, I don't know if your still doing new shows.
On that I would like to see more Ga (SE) stuff. We all cant travel to shoot birds or catch fish.
Maybe showcase some of the local outfitters, some lesser fishing, bream, trout, something other than bass in the big bass boat, maybe jon boat tournaments.
Maybe night coon hunting (if you can find some), squirrel, alligator etc. Deer is good but showcase some other if you can. Trapping would be cool.

I know you used to do a lot with Travis, I saw he is out of state now. Is it possible to find a local kid to take the wheel now?

GA1dad

I didn't know this radio show existed. I looked it up and I instantly knew why I didn't know about it,,,,, from 4am to 6am,,,,, on a Saturday. I have to get up at 4 am Mon-Fri, so sleeping in on Saturday is a priority. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find a source of repeats during daylight hours.

All that said, I have always enjoyed your TV shows whenever I caught them on.

specialk

i use to listen sat a.m. when i was driving to fish/hunt but i dont get up as early now....do you have a podcast?

Whitefeather

Management Material
As others have, said I don’t listen anymore because I’m not up that early on Saturday mornings. Maybe a 6:00- 8:00 time slot.
As far as making the show better…..stop telling your callers when the peak of the rut is in their county based on what the GON Magazine says it is. If it’s November then it’s the rut for the majority of Georgia. JMHO

As others have, said I don’t listen anymore because I’m not up that early on Saturday mornings. Maybe a 6:00- 8:00 time slot.
As far as making the show better…..stop telling your callers when the peak of the rut is in their county based on what the GON Magazine says it is. If it’s November then it’s the rut for the majority of Georgia. JMHO
Yes, most of GA is November but many portions are not. North Georgia is December, Coast is October. It's always the same as last year in the same place.

It seems to be all reruns or old footage now, I don't know if your still doing new shows.
On that I would like to see more Ga (SE) stuff. We all cant travel to shoot birds or catch fish.
Maybe showcase some of the local outfitters, some lesser fishing, bream, trout, something other than bass in the big bass boat, maybe jon boat tournaments.
Maybe night coon hunting (if you can find some), squirrel, alligator etc. Deer is good but showcase some other if you can. Trapping would be cool.

I know you used to do a lot with Travis, I saw he is out of state now. Is it possible to find a local kid to take the wheel now?

Thank you for the suggestions. They are well intended. Yes most are re-runs. Travis is a guide and deputy Sherriff and deer guide in Oklahoma with three children and I'm 78 years old so no more new shows. TV until the end of 2023 then radio only........maybe. I'll be 80 by then.

Good idea about local subjects, however, national sponsors do not pay to have their products used except for a national audience. Tough times for Outdoor Television.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Yes, most of GA is November but many portions are not. North Georgia is December, Coast is October. It's always the same as last year in the same place.
I agree with you. What I was elaborating to was, people are calling you for information and you are giving them information you’re reading from a magazine. Listeners are turning to you for YOUR expertise.

I raised my son listening to your show on the way to hunt and fish when he was young. I miss those days and didn’t realize your were 78 years old.

Thanks for entertaining us.

LTZ25

I'm a fan of Oneill from way back , wish he would be on the radio around noon so more could listen , can't understand why there has to be political stuff on all day . Someone should start an ALL outdoors radio station . But thanks for reminding me about Oneill I will make it a point to start listening again .

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I'm a fan of Oneill from way back , wish he would be on the radio around noon so more could listen , can't understand why there has to be political stuff on all day . Someone should start an ALL outdoors radio station . But thanks for reminding me about Oneill I will make it a point to start listening again .
It’s O’Neill himself you are talking to .