God's Free and Abundant Promises for the Need of Man

tell sackett

Uh no, the writer of 1 John wasn’t John the Baptist

BanjoPicker

Uh no, the writer of 1 John wasn’t John the Baptist

St John also wrote 1, 2, 3, John and Revelation.

He was saved, in the post 10 of the bride of Christ it says that the disciples were a part of the new order, which making St John a saved man.

Last edited:

tell sackett

St John also wrote 1, 2, 3, John and Revelation.

He was saved, in the post 10 of the bride of Christ it says that the disciples were a part of the new order, which making St John a saved man.

You are correct, the apostle John is the writer, and he was a born again man. Now, that presents some questions about 1John ch.1.Keep in mind John wrote this letter in large part to combat the gnostic heresy that was gaining a foothold.

1) You've referenced v.7 numerous times, let's start there. In the first part of the verse John is referencing the effect that our walk has on our fellowship with the Father, not our salvation. In the second part he writes that Jesus' blood cleanse us from all sin. It's important to know that this word is present tense. His blood is continually cleansing us. It applied to John just as it does present day believers. Do you ever commit a sin of omission? A sin of ignorance? If you're honest, the answer is yes. Jesus' blood cleanse from those sins and we may continue to fellowship.

2) you stated that v.8 is referring to a sinner before he is saved. John here uses the singular word "sin" referring to our sin nature, not "sins" that we commit. One of the main teachings of the gnostic heresy was the eradication of the sin nature in the earthly life. John counters "If we (a saved man) say (if John was referring to sinners would he not have used the word"said"?) that we have no sin (nature) we deceive ourselves..

3) v.9; I want to point out again the born again writer says if we confess (he uses a present tense indicating continuous action) our sins He is faithful...

4) you stated that v.10 also refers to an unsaved person. Again, there's that phrase used by this blood washed, born again believer "If we". The verb "say that" is perfect tense (a past event with an ongoing present result); in other words "If we say that we have not sinned and are not now in such a state that we could sin, we are making Him a liar." This is, as in v.8, the heresy of sinless perfection.

If the blood of Christ, shed for us at Calvary, a one time sacrifice, is not sufficient to secure our salvation what possibly could?

BanjoPicker

If the blood of Christ, shed for us at Calvary, a one time sacrifice, is not sufficient to secure our salvation what possibly could?

We do not sin if we walk in the light v 7, 9, but if one does FALL INTO SIN he still has hope and can confess sin and BE CLEANSED AGAIN v 1; 1:9; Gal. 4:19.

1 Jn. 2 :1 My little children, these things write I unto you , that ye sin not. meaning this is the purpose and demand of the gospel v 1; Mt. 1:21; Rom. 6:16-23; 8:1-13; Gal. 5:16-26; Col. 3:5-10; Titus 2:11, 12.
There is no Scripture in the Bible that says once saved always saved if so present it.

tell sackett

If it floats your boat I will agree with you that those words aren’t found in scripture (kinda like the word trinity), but an abundance of scripture has been given to you that teach the eternal security of the believer.

I’m done with you.

Last edited:

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
The best eternal security scripture IMHO:

Philippians 1
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

And I am a living witness to God’s covenant of faithfulness!

gordon 2

For God is my witness, how I long for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, 10 so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ; (Philippians 1.8-10)

Is the completed good work of Christ " that your love may abound still more and more..."so that you many approve the things that are excellent, "in order to be sincere and blameless" until the day of Christ? Why would Paul say this if the cross makes us sincere and blameless in God's eyes as some would think in our times?

Is Paul's subject eternal security or the perfecting of love in the spiritual work of the Philippians? Paul speaks for the affection of Christ Jesus( which he I assume possesses) in his longing towards the Philippians. He longs for them as Christ would long for them. In other words he loves them foremost as Christ would love them.

Perhaps according to Paul the Christian brand of love can make one approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ's return when Christ will judge the living and the dead. Before Christ believers sacrificed so that sin which was never far would be covered for, from this need in faith they prayed to God for deliverances and blessings. In Christ faith takes on a new dimension in that sacrifice is in terms of loving and so faith has turned her head from sin to love as a surer security to live by. Perhaps.

Now the Philippians who were now Christians were written in the book of life before they had been Christians. They became Christians because they were able to recognize God in Jesus, in the revelation of Jesus. Because they believed God they recognized Jesus as Savoir. Christ Jesus now affords them the possibility of living a sincere and blameless life ...until the day of Christ, or his return.

And at Christs return, "Each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work". Jesus tested his followers with parables... such was his fires to them, whether they knew them or not. By what parables will our fires be? I don't know. Will they be tests plain to us or hidden in the patience of Judge? Will He favor us for love for one grain of sand worth of love even so sifted from our presence before Him.

Why would "the quality of each man's work" amount to even being mentioned by Paul if eternal security is a fact as some would understand in Philippians 1-6? If it was so, why would Paul claim that each man's work will be tested by "fire" on the day? Why would someone eternally secured be tested? Some will say, "Christ took the test for us." Really?

Could it be that our work of loving due the works of Christ, initiated in God's simple Grace in Christ's death on the cross and towards the forgiveness of original sin for the man of faith, as per God's design , if we continue and surrender all to Christ's love, Christ's love will continue in his ministry with us, it will provide further in the perfection of life and so Christ through the Holy Spirit is able of a completion that will make us blameless and sincere until the day of Christ if we abide in his love? Perhaps? Can I believe this by faith? Can I believe that from a new Adam a new fruit I am given to live with?

For Paul salvation will occur at the day of Christ, or after, which is not how we choose to understand what salvation is today. For Paul by being in/to Christ it is possible to live a sincere and blameless life by Christ's work, initiated by the witness of him in scripture, a revelation to many and by the tradition of the Church, the predication of its ministers, by Christ's examples, his teachings preached and understood by the anointing of the Holy Spirit and all the means that Christ instituted so that we might be provided for.

So it is possible that a believer now through Christ can leave his sinful nature behind and to know sinlessness and like Christ seek to walk in sincerity with God and man. The fruit now offered from the tree of life due Christ is love. The old man who ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is now renewed by another food.

The mind of Christ. Is it focused more onto the destroying power of sin, or more on the healing power of love? What are the means and t0 what end? And "So, God loved the world that he gave...." The faith that is fixed on the purging power of love, vs its life giving power of adding wholesomely to life...adding... which one is mine? The paradigm of " Lord, why have you forsaken me?", "It is finished." not because I'm eternally secure but because I am "turned" to love not from a reading of the golden rule, but because my heart knows a call in sympathy of my Lord's ministry of love. Such is my case and a case that might sleep in many... But maybe not.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

"Verily, verily I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do SHALL HE DO ALSO; and greater works than these SHALL HE DO; because I go unto my Father, and WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK in my name, THAT WILL I DO, that the Father may be glorified in the son. If ye shall ask ANYTHING in my name, I WILL DO IT . . . If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask WHAT YE WILL, and IT SHALL BE DONE UNTO YOU . . . I have chosen you and ordained you . . . THAT WHATSOEVER ye shall ask of the Father in my name, HE MAY GIVE IT TO YOU Jn. 14:12-15; 15:7, 16; 16:23-26; "WHATSOEVER we ask, we receive of him" 1 Jn. 3:21, 22; 5:14-15.

gordon 2

2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

BanjoPicker

These passages are so plain in themselves that they need no interpretation. All that is needed is faith and practice. If we believe the Bible, then it is that we believe that we can get whatever we ask in the name of Jesus. If we do not believe it there is no need to try to get anything that we ask. This is how simple the whole program is. If we ask and believe we receive. If we ask and do not believe, or if we do not ask because we do not believe, we do not receive.
God's needs for man becomes very clear when we accept at full face value the many simple promises of Scriptures. There are no limitations in the provision made. All limitations come from man's unbelief and not from the plain of God itself. Because there are no limitations in the plain of God to get what we want as well as what we need, and because God gives "to all men liberally, and upbraideth not," Let us have faith, nothing wavering, as required in Jas. 1:5-8; Heb. 11:6; Mk. 11:22-24, and get what we want.

BanjoPicker

The doctrine of no want to the part of God's people was taught in the Old Testament. David said, "The Lord is my shepherd, I SHALL NOT WANT" Ps. 23:1-6. Again, he said, "O fear the Lord, ye saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. . . . they that seek the Lord SHALL NOT WANT ANY GOOD THING . . . Delight thyself in the Lord; and He shall give thee THE DESIRES OF THINE HEART" Ps. 34:9, 10; 37:3-6. Again we are told, NO GOOD THING will he withhold from him that walketh upright" Ps. 84:11.

BanjoPicker

Besides prosperity, healing, health, and anything that one wants in general, God has specified many scores of benefits that men can have in this life and the life to come such as:

Salvation from sin and sins Mt. 1:21; Eph. 1:7; 2:8, 9; 1 Jn. 1:7-9.
The baptism in the Holy Ghost Mt. 3:11; Jn. 1:33; Acts 1:4, 5; 2:38, 39.
The Kingdom of Heaven Mt. 5:3; 13:43; 25:34.
Comfort Mt. 5:4; Jn. 14:16, 26.
The Earth as an inheritance Mt. 5:5; Ps. 37:9, 29.
Filling of Righteousness Mt. 5:6; 1 Jn. 2:29; 3:7-10; 5:1-4, 18.
Mercy from God Mt. 5:7; Rom. 12:1; Eph. 2:4; 1 Pet. 1:3.
Heart purity Mt. 5:8; Jn. 15:3; 1 Pet. 1:22, 23.
Sonship Mt. 5:9; Jn. 1:12; Rom. 8:14-16; Gal. 3:26-28.
Great reward in Heaven Mt. 5:11, 12; Rom. 8:17, 18; 1 Pet. 1:3, 4.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Jn. 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none that but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

Jn. 8:11She said no man Lord, and Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemned thee; go and sin no more. For Jesus to say, go and sin no more. Shows any one can live a life without sin. Jesus know that man could live without sin to say this, for he was in the flesh Himself and was tempted just as men are today, His flesh was no different than any man as then and now.

Of Christ could not have been speaking clearly and directly so the woman so she could understand without translation. Go and sin no more, don’t be immoral.

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

BanjoPicker

Of Christ could not have been speaking clearly and directly so the woman so she could understand without translation. Go and sin no more, don’t be immoral.

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Do you believe that Christ has enough power to keep you from sinning?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Even Paul new better…

“For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate”

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
And what Scripture is this?

Romans…

21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

BanjoPicker

Romans…

21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Ok I am not asking Paul I am asking you? do you believe that God, Christ or The Holy Ghost can keep you from sinning?