2022 Oglethorpe County

NMH5050

They are amazing birds that do a lot of good! Pretty picture.

"Scientists estimate that Barn Owls eat at least one rat a day. If you think of an entire owl family – an adult male and female plus one or two young – we are talking about three or four rats a day. In one year, this family can catch more than 1,000 rats!"

I wish that they ate hogs!

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Slowest night we've had. Only caught about 10 good fileting size channel cats.
I’ll agree. It was slow for us too. Went to Oconee, had an agreement with my buddy. He wanted cats and I wanted crappie. We put out rods for each. Caught A LOT more cats than crappie. He did end the night with a 20-25lb blue (released her for another day) we ended up bringing 12 nice filleting sized blues home but only 2 crappie?

Arrow3

I’ll agree. It was slow for us too. Went to Oconee, had an agreement with my buddy. He wanted cats and I wanted crappie. We put out rods for each. Caught A LOT more cats than crappie. He did end the night with a 20-25lb blue (released her for another day) we ended up bringing 12 nice filleting sized blues home but only 2 crappie?
Definitely had a better night then us. I'm gonna go catch some crappie tomorrow. At least that's what I'm planning on.

Arrow3

I caught about 25 crappie yesterday morning by myself. About 10 of them were worthy of fileting . I wound up giving them to a 83 year old gentleman at the ramp who said he was hankering for some fried fish and hadn't been able to catch any from the bank.

Triple C

Mighty fine lookin' pack of future coon dogs Brandon. A dying pastime/sport these days for sure. My uncle was buried in his overalls and his funeral was attended by more of his coon hunting buddies than family members. He outlived all his siblings and I always thought it was because of the countless 1000's of miles he walked during his lifetime with his hounds.