Matt. 5:31, 32; 19:3-9; Lk. 16:18 On Divorce And Remarriage

BanjoPicker

Mt. 5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
Mt. 5:32 But I say unto you, that Whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of Fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Fornication in the Bible means: adultery of married or single people Mt. 5:32; 19:9; 1 Cor. 7:2; 10:8; 1 Thess. 4:3; Rev. 9:21; incest 1 Cor. 5:1; 10:8; idolatry and adultery in honor of idol gods 2 Chr. 21:11; Isa. 23:17; Ez. 16:15, 26, 29; Acts 15:20, 29; 21:25; Rev. 2:14-21; 14:8; 17:2-4; 18:3-9; 19:2; natural harlotry Jn. 8:41; 1 Cor. 6:13-18; spiritual harlotry Ez. 16:15, 26, 29; Rev. 17:2-4; 18:3-9; 19:2; sodomy and male prostitution 1 Cor. 6:9-11; Heb. 12:16; Jude 6-7; Rom. 1:24-29; 2 Cor. 12:21; Gal. 5:19; Eph. 5:3; Col. 3:5. Do all these scriptures apply to single people only? If not, then fornication does not apply only to single people as some teach.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I will be judged by God and not by man.
This and the other thread should be deleted.
Amen
I hope you got to kill the deer in your avatar!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm pretty sure Banjo Picker is the only one who's gonna make it to heaven. Possibly one or two others on this site but that's it.

If you get to the hot spot first get us all some good seats. I don’t want to miss the floor show.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you get to the hot spot first get us all some good seats. I don’t want to miss the floor show.
It would be about worth going to see all the surprised self-righteous fire and brimstone spouting folks who spend all their time minding other peoples' business and think them and God are BFFs. They surely aren't following Jesus's many examples.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
?I deserve to go there but thankfully I won’t. I look at it like these people on either side that get foaming at the mouth about this one way or the other are no better or worse than I am but I wish everybody could simmer down a bit.

furtaker

?I deserve to go there but thankfully I won’t. I look at it like these people on either side that get foaming at the mouth about this one way or the other are no better or worse than I am but I wish everybody could simmer down a bit.
I'm not going either. I've done plenty of bad stuff but Jesus' blood covers it.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I'm not going either. I've done plenty of bad stuff but Jesus' blood covers it.
That’s right. I wish we could just be happy about that but give people the chance find a black mark on something and they’ll take it every time.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe that there is a hot place, to be honest.

Flame away, pun intended.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What examples do you have in mind?
He who is without sin, cast the first stone, to start.

Then, judge not, lest you should be judged.

Your mileage may vary, if you're more worried about minding your neighbor's business than your own. Which seems to be the fixation of a bunch of folks around here.

I don't claim to speak for God. If you do, bless your heart. I ain't nowhere near perfect. I'm glad that some of you are, I guess. We can fan each other in Hades.