My season is over before it even starts

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Gollee Dutch! Man that sucks! Hope you have a speedy and full recovery!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
If you can shoot left hand you should be able to gun hunt from the ground by November. You may need to use a light recoil caliber. You will need to have a plan for someone else to handle the dead deer.

For the surgery they will do a nerve block and you shoulder and arm will be lifeless. Start taking your Percocet well before that block wears off.

I gotta tell you the physical therapy is tough. But you probably are too.

Don’t let workers comp folks take any shortcuts.

buckmanmike

Wishing for a speedy recovery. I had reverse shoulder replacement 3 years ago. Its as good as new.
I had to change the right hand 12 oz curls to left handed for a short while. Do the PT.

Big7

The Oracle
Prayers for you Brother.

There will still be plenty of deer when you get straightened out. (lightening up the mood with a joke.. hopefully) If enough insurance claims are filed about those pesky "deers" running into cars go up, so will the bag limit and doe days.

Concentrate now on what really matters.
That's you making a full recovery.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Wishing you the very best, bud. Maybe @Throwback will let you borrow his blu-ray dvd collection of the Waltons to watch while you recover.

:rofl::rofl:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Practice shooting with the other hand with a low recoil round.

Good luck, heal up fast

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Wishing for a speedy recovery. I had reverse shoulder replacement 3 years ago. Its as good as new.
I had to change the right hand 12 oz curls to left handed for a short while. Do the PT.
That is so great to hear!! I pray Dutch’s and my surgeries have the same result!::;

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Sorry to hear about your accident and surgery. You’ll get through this!

Big7

The Oracle
If you can shoot left hand you should be able to gun hunt from the ground by November. You may need to use a light recoil caliber. You will need to have a plan for someone else to handle the dead deer.

For the surgery they will do a nerve block and you shoulder and arm will be lifeless. Start taking your Percocet well before that block wears off.

I gotta tell you the physical therapy is tough. But you probably are too.

Don’t let workers comp folks take any shortcuts.
Dutch,

I got a .243 you can HAVE on indefinite loan that's already set up left handed.

I shoot long guns and pool ques left handed and do everything else right handed. Left eye dominate.

You are more than welcome to it as long as you need it. Got loads worked up everything from 55gr burners @ 4100fps to 95 and 100gr running in the mid to high 3's. Don't kick no more than a 10/22.

Ain't never had a deer, feral pig or yote' take a step so far.

Just let me know.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Dutch,

I got a .243 you can HAVE on indefinite loan that's already set up left handed.

I shoot long guns and pool ques left handed and do everything else right handed. Left eye dominate.

You are more than welcome to it as long as you need it. Got loads worked up everything from 55gr burners @ 4100fps to 95 and 100gr running in the mid to high 3's. Don't kick no more than a 10/22.

Ain't never had a deer, feral pig or yote' take a step so far.

Just let me know.

Thanks for the offer. I might just take you up on that offer later in the season after I recover.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Dutch, Hang in there and I'm surely sending up some Prayers that you will recover without any major problems.

Big7, you are awesome in your offer. It continues to amaze me just how many super kind-hearted members are here on this website that are always willing to lend a helping hand to others. :cheers:

tell sackett

Another member of the club. Six weeks in a sling and months of rehab. Work hard on your therapy. Hope all goes well and you make it to the stand.

rugerfan

Found out today I have a full thickness rotator cuff tear and a detached bicep...due to a UTV accident at work 2 weeks ago. Surgery to repair my shoulder in the next couple of weeks...8 week recovery and 6 month+ physical therapy.:banginghe

Backstory...
2 weeks ago new guy I was training was driving our Kuboata at work and flipped it. To bad I was a passenger at the time and he flipped it on the passenger side. Dent in door is where my shoulder impacted.
View attachment 1172298

I hate that for you, that sucks. Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Dutch, Hang in there and I'm surely sending up some Prayers that you will recover without any major problems.

Big7, you are awesome in your offer. It continues to amaze me just how many super kind-hearted members are here on this website that are always willing to lend a helping hand to others. :cheers:
That's what I love about this forum.

We might argue amongst ourselves from time time...but when someone has problems we have outstanding people ready and willing to help folks.

bnew17

Hate to hear that. However, I wouldn't let it slow you down completely. I killed one of my biggest Ga bucks to date about 3 weeks after having my wrist operated on. I had an accident with a T post that completely severed 2 of my 3 tendons joining onto my thumb. I was in a cast up to my elbow with only the last knuckle on my finger tips coming out. Climbing a tree was out of the question so I hunted a ground blind. I imagine you won't be able to shoot right handed, but maybe you could learn to shoot left handed? And if not you can still go out in the woods and enjoy it. I hope you heal back up soon!