Why I Attend WFR Church and Recommend you Check us Out

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

LittleDrummerBoy

Much you talk about I would consider as secondary issues. When I say false gospel I’m talking about those who bring a different gospel and a different Jesus. It is clear from Jesus, Paul, Peter and James that we should not partner with them. That’s why I have a problem with Robertson’s is that they financially partner with people who preach a different Jesus

In doing the work of an evangelist to reach the lost, Jesus and the apostles set an example of accepting platforms provided by and standing next to unsavory people. Their motive was the opportunity to reach an audience with the real gospel.

I've accepted jobs alongside Catholic teachers for the same purpose. I've entered media venues provided by people of many different religious perspectives for the same reason. Often, they are making money (ad revenue) from my content. In-person venues (school and churches) have often charged or taken offerings based in part on my efforts. My focus is on the opportunity to bring the message. Right now, I can't think of any school or church I'd reject an invitation to play music in or to speak at simply based on their denomination or the "error" of their message. Nor can I think of any media venue I'd reject out of hand. Each opportunity would be prayerfully considered: Mormon, Catholic, name-it-claim-it, DNC, etc. WWJD? Is God calling me to speak to this audience?

I've seen Phil speak hundreds of times on a venue provided by a prominent Mormon organization (Unashamed on Blaze TV) and dozens of times on venues of other denominations. There is no doubt in my mind that the Mormons have a false Jesus and a false gospel. He's there to reach an audience and is not repelled by some legalistic thought of some benefit coming to those providing the venue or on the platform with him. He brings a biblical gospel message to tens of millions who need to hear it. We need more men like him. I've learned a lot from him about reaching Rednecks. I may or may not accept an invitation to speak on Blaze TV or TBN. I hope I'd pray about it and follow the Holy Spirit's leading if the opportunity arises. But I'm not going to judge brothers because they accept evangelistic opportunities that I might not.

But much of the discussion stinks because it suggests that Christians and churches should have some sort of "blacklist" of "false teachers" that goes beyond a warning of not accepting their doctrines or practices, but extends much further to refusing to share any kind of platform with them - even if we see it as a promising opportunity to reach the lost souls they may have led astray.

The Bible encourages us to judge brothers by their character and message, not by who they hang out with. This video is a good summary of the gospel as I often present it. Do you regard it as false?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
In doing the work of an evangelist to reach the lost, Jesus and the apostles set an example of accepting platforms provided by and standing next to unsavory people. Their motive was the opportunity to reach an audience with the real gospel.

I've accepted jobs alongside Catholic teachers for the same purpose. I've entered media venues provided by people of many different religious perspectives for the same reason. Often, they are making money (ad revenue) from my content. In-person venues (school and churches) have often charged or taken offerings based in part on my efforts. My focus is on the opportunity to bring the message. Right now, I can't think of any school or church I'd reject an invitation to play music in or to speak at simply based on their denomination or the "error" of their message. Nor can I think of any media venue I'd reject out of hand. Each opportunity would be prayerfully considered: Mormon, Catholic, name-it-claim-it, DNC, etc. WWJD? Is God calling me to speak to this audience?

I've seen Phil speak hundreds of times on a venue provided by a prominent Mormon organization (Unashamed on Blaze TV) and dozens of times on venues of other denominations. There is no doubt in my mind that the Mormons have a false Jesus and a false gospel. He's there to reach an audience and is not repelled by some legalistic thought of some benefit coming to those providing the venue or on the platform with him. He brings a biblical gospel message to tens of millions who need to hear it. We need more men like him. I've learned a lot from him about reaching Rednecks. I may or may not accept an invitation to speak on Blaze TV or TBN. I hope I'd pray about it and follow the Holy Spirit's leading if the opportunity arises. But I'm not going to judge brothers because they accept evangelistic opportunities that I might not.

But much of the discussion stinks because it suggests that Christians and churches should have some sort of "blacklist" of "false teachers" that goes beyond a warning of not accepting their doctrines or practices, but extends much further to refusing to share any kind of platform with them - even if we see it as a promising opportunity to reach the lost souls they may have led astray.

The Bible encourages us to judge brothers by their character and message, not by who they hang out with. This video is a good summary of the gospel as I often present it. Do you regard it as false?

So Catholics are now an unsavory lot……….your pompous judgemental arrogance knows no boundaries.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
FYI, I’m not Catholic but I’m catholic.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Reading is fundamental.

And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

Reading is fundamental.

Now THAT I can understand.

LittleDrummerBoy

So Catholics are now an unsavory lot……….your pompous judgemental arrogance knows no boundaries.

That was not what I said, nor what I intended. I was answering a video that criticized Phil Robertson for sharing a stage and speaking positively about Catholics. Catholics seem to be unsavory to those who made and propagated that video, but not to me. I once applied for, and was offered a physics faculty job at Notre Dame, which I declined to pursue another opportunity, not because I think of Catholics as "unsavory."

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That was not what I said, nor what I intended. I was answering a video that criticized Phil Robertson for sharing a stage and speaking positively about Catholics. Catholics seem to be unsavory to those who made and propagated that video, but not to me. I once applied for, and was offered a physics faculty job at Notre Dame, which I declined to pursue another opportunity, not because I think of Catholics as "unsavory."

You can crawfish anyway you want but that’s what you said. I may not believe in all the teachings of the brothers faith here but I respect them and learn from their perspective.

“In doing the work of an evangelist to reach the lost, Jesus and the apostles set an example of accepting platforms provided by and standing next to unsavory people. Their motive was the opportunity to reach an audience with the real gospel.

I've accepted jobs alongside Catholic teachers for the same purpose.”

brutally honest

You can crawfish anyway you want but that’s what you said. I may not believe in all the teachings of the brothers faith here but I respect them and learn from their perspective.

“In doing the work of an evangelist to reach the lost, Jesus and the apostles set an example of accepting platforms provided by and standing next to unsavory people. Their motive was the opportunity to reach an audience with the real gospel.

I've accepted jobs alongside Catholic teachers for the same purpose.”

Give him time. At his current rate of church shopping, he should be celebrating Mass by 2025 at the latest.

SemperFiDawg

I once applied for, and was offered a physics faculty job at Notre Dame, which I declined to pursue another opportunity,
In-person venues (school and churches) have often charged or taken offerings based in part on my efforts.
WFR has a solid gospel message, good teaching, and takes better care of new believers than most churches available to me and my audience.
im-kind-big-deal.jpg

Trying to identify any consistent or coherent theology in your posts has been completely futile. As I said before, if you have a guiding principle in your theology, it seems to be "whatever" "I, me, my, mine".

He can't help himself, but it ain't exactly rocket science to figure out who he worships. It's the guy in the mirror. His theology is whatever it needs to be, whatever best strokes his ego. That accounts for not just the church hopping but the denomination/doctrine hopping. The quest for more and more recognition, more and more viewers, more and more platforms, bigger and bigger congregations. In hindsight, the WFR(or one similar to it) should have been predictable. It's sad really in that he's not gonna find anything big enough to satiate that appetite. It is what it is.

gopray12

This would explain a lot.
It's stupid and annoying, but as soon as you drop the COC title from your name and introduce instruments other COC worshipers will treat you like the plague. How do know? I have been in COCs for almost 40 years. Everything from the most conservative COC to the most liberal COC. I'm not sure where they stand on the issue of salvation happening at baptism, because their website is vague. I know that there are youtube videos where Phil states this, but I feel like I heard a podcast where they (robertsons) were backing away from this traditional COC doctrine of salvation at baptism. It is interesting that the worship service where they have with instruments is in their "fellowship" center and not "worship" area. It's like they are going part of the way, but not all the way.

SemperFiDawg

Give him time. At his current rate of church shopping, he should be celebrating Mass by 2025 at the latest.

You just have to ask yourself, if a self described "evangelist" can alienate every member, every denomination and completely incense all the non-believers on just this board alone, well, that ain't exactly evangelizing is it?