Methodist split - Florida update

brutally honest

“Showing the new normal, a second openly partnered, gay activist bishop, Cedric Bridgeforth, was elected in the Western Jurisdiction, and a third came historically close to being elected in the Northeast, openly breaking longstanding rules banning “self-avowed, practicing homosexual” clergy. The growing caucus of gay activist bishops will increasingly redefine the denomination.”

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
“Showing the new normal, a second openly partnered, gay activist bishop, Cedric Bridgeforth, was elected in the Western Jurisdiction, and a third came historically close to being elected in the Northeast, openly breaking longstanding rules banning “self-avowed, practicing homosexual” clergy. The growing caucus of gay activist bishops will increasingly redefine the denomination.”

I heard a little about this last week and it was said that roughly 25% of the churches in the US would split off if this went pro-gay. I was shocked, literally stunned. I had expected a lot higher number. It just goes to show how liberal the church has become.

brutally honest

I heard a little about this last week and it was said that roughly 25% of the churches in the US would split off if this went pro-gay. I was shocked, literally stunned. I had expected a lot higher number. It just goes to show how liberal the church has become.

Yes, that percentage is in line with the link in post 114 — a truly sad state of affairs.

brutally honest

“A pattern observed in multiple jurisdictional conferences was a new United Methodist language convention of speakers consistently talking about “siblings” instead of “brothers and sisters.” The latter, more familiar church language is now less acceptable because it fails to accommodate transgenderist ideology’s claims that there are far more than just two sexes.

More troublingly, the jurisdictional conferences’ redefinition of United Methodism extended to core doctrinal matters.”

Madman

Nothing more than a division of sheep and goats. Seek out the remnant. God has always provided safe harbor for his own.

1 Kings 19