I'm mad! Why must you kill small bucks?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This thread is pretty good but the original one was a little bit better. This one has survived though. :bounce:

Triple C

Me too. But some of them buy land and refer to Georgians and Georgia hunters as “we” like they’re one of us. And fuss about out of state hunters like they’re not one. Living their dream of hunting in Georgia and they want it all. If I really was emperor they’d be gone by tonight.
Guess we need to give all our land back to the Native Americans. Every single one of us on this forum come from foreign ancestors that moved right on in to GA and bought the land right out from under somebody else. Or stole it.

Bet they were trophy hunters back then. Prolly practiced QDM.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Guess we need to give all our land back to the Native Americans. Every single one of us on this forum come from foreign ancestors that moved right on in to GA and bought the land right out from under somebody else. Or stole it.

Bet they were trophy hunters back then. Prolly practiced QDM.
What if you got some injun in you? That part of you get to keep some land?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Everybody is from somewhere even the Indigenous people of this land. Lots more productive things to discuss.
Now why y’all got to shoot all those little bucks? Don’t y’all know that you get more soup outa the bigguns!!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Manage your deer well. Out of state hunters are counting on you.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I support personal choice even though I hold out for mature bucks.
I used to, until I realized that was pretty much exactly opposite the the natural order of predation. I am a predator. Not a deer farmer.

Hillbilly stalker

Too many young dumb ones get splattered on the road. "Suicide by Silverado" I call it. I'd just as soon see them in the skillet somewhere. Preferably my house. I had a wise ol Uncle named Charles. He didn't hunt, worked all the time. Him shooting crows and groundhogs out of the garden was the closest thing he did. He told me one day, "I don't understand you deer hunters, yall kill the biggest, nastiest big horned deer you can find". He said "There aint no way the meats any good, you don't go kill your biggest bull out of the pasture or the biggest boar hog in the pen to eat". Made alot of sense, a farmers way of thinking I guess.

Tight Lines

Too many young dumb ones get splattered on the road. "Suicide by Silverado" I call it. I'd just as soon see them in the skillet somewhere. Preferably my house. I had a wise ol Uncle named Charles. He didn't hunt, worked all the time. Him shooting crows and groundhogs out of the garden was the closest thing he did. He told me one day, "I don't understand you deer hunters, yall kill the biggest, nastiest big horned deer you can find". He said "There aint no way the meats any good, you don't go kill your biggest bull out of the pasture or the biggest boar hog in the pen to eat". Made alot of sense, a farmers way of thinking I guess.
That's a carnivore's thought process not a horn hunter's...

I like both. I eat the heck out of venison every year. And I love those big old bucks with big racks...

But we kill what we want to eat, be that a doe, button, spike whatever...

My leases have too many deer, so we have to take does...we also have some guys that are hard core horn hunters...

They have more time than I do...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
So u want to shoot the prize bull. The one with the best genetics and could sire many more.
Or the steers that are running around. Good beef deer.
Lols

Why do you hate prize bull deers? :bounce:

splatek

UAEC
I used to, until I realized that was pretty much exactly opposite the the natural order of predation. I am a predator. Not a deer farmer.

This feels like my feelings about it
I’m not a fan at all of farming, watching, waiting, and especially naming the things I’m going to kill and eat. Of all that I think naming deer might be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen and heard of. Just my opinion, which ain’t worth….. I got a lot of mouths to feed so if it’s legal and I can send an arrow through it it’s going to happen.