Hogs in Heard county?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve been in a lease on the west side of Heard for 3 years and never seen any signs of any .

specialk

Ive rabbit hunt a few different tracks in the powers crossing area for 20+ yrs and have never ran accoss any....

hdgapeach

Living in west Heard since 2006. Only seen one pig and he showed up one day in my yard. Look like he had some Razor in his genes but would eat out of my hand. Figured he got away from his owner and lit out on his own. He hung around for a couple of weeks rootin' and eating anything edible. Wife named him 'Vladamir'. Must have decided our place wasn't for him and walked away one day and never returned. I figured he either went home or got picked up by someone. Probably someones pet.
That was several years ago. I haven't seen another free range pig anywhere in west Heard since then.

There are several posts on the locals faceplant site every year about folks pigs getting out of pens in Heard County, but I never hear anything pertaining to wild pigs..........yet. You know they'll eventually migrate in from Alabama.

ldavid008

Want some?

We've got plenty in my corner of Taylor, y'all are more than welcome to as many as you want.

In all seriousness, as much of a problem they can be when the population get too big. The population fluctuates every few years and it is nice to have some friends down after the season for some additional hunting opportunity's.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
How about Corps land around WP. You ever seen any there?
At one point probably 10-15 years ago I had some reports of hogs in the upper reaches of yellow jacket creek (troup) but I think they got shot out of the area pretty quick.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
At one point probably 10-15 years ago I had some reports of hogs in the upper reaches of yellow jacket creek (troup) but I think they got shot out of the area pretty quick.
I’ve Heard that also . Reports of them being on Sheriffs boys ranch and it’s near Yellow jacket creek . I live in the middle of Beech creek and yellow jacket and haven’t seen one yet

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I’ve Heard that also . Reports of them being on Sheriffs boys ranch and it’s near Yellow jacket creek . I live in the middle of Beech creek and yellow jacket and haven’t seen one yet
I think they all got whacked.
There are some on the lower end of the county on flat shoals. Neighbor killed a stud boar a couple of years ago on his property but that’s all we have seen. None on cameras

ucfireman

I had a white pot belly pig show up a few years back, Hung around a few weeks and was never seen again. I did not hear of anyone killing it. But there was a black and white one about a year earlier that got hit right down the road from me. In NW Coweta.

crackerdave

Has anybody ever had a food plot rooted up in Heard county?

It may be that whatever hogs are in Heard county have learned to move around only at night?