Investing | Stocks & Funds

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Went back and checked. I sold 2000 shares of riot on January 18th for 10.25/share facepalm:

sinclair1

Went back and checked. I sold 2000 shares of riot on January 18th for 10.25/share facepalm:
I have several thousand shares and hate I didn’t cash out in the 20’s and rebuy. I plan to ride it out for an awhile as paid in the $3 range.
My whole hobby portfolio is to hold a wildcard winner.
Can’t really do that without holding when you know it’s a good time to sell.

One goal this year is to day trade more. I have gained good experience in buying dips that gained, but held instead of running.
One main reason was my tax bill was so high from other investments.

I am just a bum with a job for 2024 with no extra taxes.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I have several thousand shares and hate I didn’t cash out in the 20’s and rebuy. I plan to ride it out for an awhile as paid in the $3 range.
My whole hobby portfolio is to hold a wildcard winner.
Can’t really do that without holding when you know it’s a good time to sell.

One goal this year is to day trade more. I have gained good experience in buying dips that gained, but held instead of running.
One main reason was my tax bill was so high from other investments.

I am just a bum with a job for 2024 with no extra taxes.
I seem to buy and sell to late. Buy at the top and sell at the bottom. I’m learning the hard way facepalm:

sinclair1

I seem to buy and sell to late. Buy at the top and sell at the bottom. I’m learning the hard way facepalm:
I hate I got into it late. 12 years ago a
Measly $1000 in Tesla would be 1.7 million. I am trying reproduce the early starts for the next decade.
I wasted my time with standard stocks in my 401k. It’s funny because a 20% return feels like loser now. A 75% decrease doesn’t even get my blood pressure up. I am learning this game.

Just like all the old schoolers who acted like people were crazy for buying bitcoin and Tesla stock back then, they act like I am stupid for investing bitcoin related, AI and Hydrogen. It only takes one winner!

I just saw a video in another forum on here making fun of imaginary bitcoin you can’t spend. I suppose there are
Some people who don’t know how
To convert imaginary money into cash?

Tight Lines

@Tight Lines know anything about SNAP. Dipping today. I don’t know much but if it continues I might pick up some
Just that it continues to lose money and that it is dropping due to earnings. It has a heavy burden with stock based compensation which is part of what is dragging it down. Usage seems to be maintaining, but ad revenues are still not where they need to be. FB, Google are the clear leaders there....

sinclair1

Thoughts on bitcoin mining stocks. I rode riot back down to the $11 dollar range before I jumped ship. Didn’t lose money but lost a 5 figure profit thinking it would stop at some point. I got back into Nvidia at $577 and rode that up then sold some to get into marathon digital at $18.50. Now it’s dropped into the $16 range while bitcoin has been holding steady in the $42,000-$43,000 range. There’s what’s dubbed a halvening coming in April sometime that cuts the rewards for miners in half. IE cutting profits in half. Bitcoins price should continue to rise but I’m not sure if the mining stocks will keep pace. I’ll be getting out of marathon soon. Hopefully without a loss at least.
Riot making some positive moves today