Coalition Strikes Again!

Team: HandCannon Coalition

Date: 11-14

Time: 6:00

Weapon Used:Contender .35 Rem 14" Barrel

Ammo Used: 200 GRAIN WIN.

Sex of Deer: Small Doe

Private Land

Details about the hunt: Set up on a small plot near a thicket. She came into the plot and began feeding alone. Gave it a while, but nobody else came out to eat with her. Decided that I was losing light, freezer meat was getting low, and I had not shot anything with the Contender yet.

P1000428.jpg

P1000429.jpg

davidf

congratulations forkhorn

SakoL61R

Team: HandCannon Coalition

Date: 11-14

Time: 6:00

Weapon Used:Contender .35 Rem 14" Barrel

Ammo Used: 200 GRAIN WIN.

Sex of Deer: Small Doe

Private Land

Details about the hunt: Set up on a small plot near a thicket. She came into the plot and began feeding alone. Gave it a while, but nobody else came out to eat with her. Decided that I was losing light, freezer meat was getting low, and I had not shot anything with the Contender yet.

P1000428.jpg

P1000429.jpg

That's my partner!:yeah:

bowhntr

Heres one for Team HGK

This was mistaken for a doe but when it fell some horn was evident.
P1010001.jpg

Team :HGK

Date : 11-16-09

Time : 8:50 a.m.

Weapon Used : Contender 7-30 Waters 15" MGM barrel Bushnell scope.

Ammo Used : My custom handloads 139gr Hornady SST / Varget

Sex of Deer : Buck 4pts - fork horn on one side spike with stubby eye-guard on the other.

Details: I had been hunting since Sat morning and saw two small bucks and one doe. No rut activity seen on the lease in Wilkinson Cnty . Monday morning at 8:50 this one came out when my head was was turned the other direction checking out some other noise. He walked in and put his head down and was feeding on acorns in some thick brush , I looked for horns but the brush fooled me . So I put the smack-down on what I thought was a doe and when he fell I saw his antlers. I waited 30 mins then got out of my treestand , took some picks then cleaned him and drug him where i could get my truck to him. When I got home I put the memory card in the computer and downloaded the pics but when I tried to pull the up there were no pics . Memory card took a crap so all I had was pics from a cell phone with no gun :eek:

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
Hey Kirk, if you text me the pictures, I can get them to my computer and uploaded. I will PM you my number if you don't have it anymore.

Oh...almost forgot. Congrats!

Handgunner

Before I award points, are we going by "a point is considered a point only if it's over 1"?

Way to go Kirk!!!

Will-dawg

on the board

Team: #9

Date: 11-21-09

Time: 7:10am private land

Weapon used: TC contender 30/30 win.

Ammo used: Hornady 160 gr. FTX LEVERevolution

Sex of deer: doe 120 pounds

Details: Climbed on a crossing that I see deer on every morning. Right at shooting light I turned over my can call and deer came running in. In all there were 2 big does and four fawns. I watched them for about ten minutes to make sure a buck wasn't with them. I picked out the biggest one and put the crosshairs high on the shoulder and squeezed the trigger--DRT.

Attachments

• 1121090900a[2].jpg
    1121090900a[2].jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 859
Last edited:

Handgunner

Date: 11-21-09

Time: 7:10am

Weapon used: TC contender 30/30 win.

Ammo used: Hornady 160 gr. FTX LEVERevolution

Sex of deer: doe 120 pounds

Details: Climbed on a crossing that I see deer on every morning. Right at shooting light I turned over my can call and deer came running in. In all there were 2 big does and four fawns. I watched them for about ten minutes to make sure a buck wasn't with them. I picked out the biggest one and put the crosshairs high on the shoulder and squeezed the trigger--DRT.
Big nanny! Congrats! Be sure Chad puts ya down 1 for the mature doe category!

jamiehunts

i think a point should be over 1 inch to count if we count bumps my 8 is really a 9 he has a broke off drop tine that is 3/4 of an inch

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
The DNR regs state that a point has to be 1" to be counted.

If it good enough for them, it is good enough for me.

Handgunner

Here is a better picture of bowhntr's buck.

bowhntrsbuck.jpg
Going by the 1" rule, how should we score Kirks buck?

I'm seeing it as a spike.. maybe a 3. But that one point doesn't look like 1" to me. I'll go with the consensus and am not trying to nit-pick. Please don't take it as such.

jamiehunts

2 more for team 12

i got two nice does this morning hunting in the same stand i shot the 8 from on opening day. 7:45 had 5 does come in behind me on my left got my pistol up and shot the first one at 15 yards she ran about 20 yards and fell. sat there for 15 min. got down and walked over to her and was calling my uncle to let him know who shot as i was talking on the phone 3 more does came up the same trail only two left down the same trail lol.second one was about 40 yards away when i shot it dropped like a rock. both were good size first one was 116 lbs. field dressed second was 77 lbs. dressed. almost forgot i was using a 500 mag with 400 grain win. ammo

Attachments

• deer 005.jpg
    deer 005.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 520
  • deer 008.jpg
    deer 008.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 516
  • deer 010.jpg
    deer 010.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 526
  • deer 009.jpg
    deer 009.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:

Will-dawg

Date: 11-28-09

Time: 5:40pm private land

Weapon used: Tc contender 30/30

Ammo used: 160 gr. FTX LEVERevolution

Sex of deer: doe 110 pounds

Details: A friend of mine has family in for the holidays and her nephew wanted to experience deer hunting for the first time. So at about 3:30 we cralled into a pop up blind on the edge of a food plot. It was really slow until about 5:40 when this doe and two yearlings stepped out at about 70 yards. I told him to cover his ears and I steadied my pistol on the shooting sticks, took careful aim and squeezed one off. She went straight down. HIGH FIVES ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 100_1674.JPG
    100_1674.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 503
  • 100_1673.JPG
    100_1673.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 508
Last edited: