Will-dawg

Big Doe Down #3

Team: #9

Date: 11-29-09

Time: 7:25am private land

Weapon used: TC contender 30/30

Ammo used: 160 gr. LEVERevolution

Sex of deer: doe 137 pounds

Details: I went back to the hardwood ridge that I killed my first doe on and got back in my climber. Only had to about 9:00 to hunt so I was hoping to see something early. At 7:25 four big does came up an old logging road. They were angling toward me. I picked out the biggest and steadied the crosshairs right in front of her shoulder and dropped the hammer. She ran maybe 20 yards and piled up. Can anyone say JERKY!!!!

Attachments

• 100_1675.JPG
    100_1675.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 494
  • 100_1676.JPG
    100_1676.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

Handgunner

Handgunner

i got two nice does this morning hunting in the same stand i shot the 8 from on opening day. 7:45 had 5 does come in behind me on my left got my pistol up and shot the first one at 15 yards she ran about 20 yards and fell. sat there for 15 min. got down and walked over to her and was calling my uncle to let him know who shot as i was talking on the phone 3 more does came up the same trail only two left down the same trail lol.second one was about 40 yards away when i shot it dropped like a rock. both were good size first one was 116 lbs. field dressed second was 77 lbs. dressed. almost forgot i was using a 500 mag with 400 grain win. ammo
Way to go! You are wearin' us out!! :rofl:

Handgunner

Date: 11-29-09

Time: 7:25am

Ammo used: 160 gr. LEVERevolution

Sex of deer: doe 137 pounds

Details: I went back to the hardwood ridge that I killed my first doe on and got back in my climber. Only had to about 9:00 to hunt so I was hoping to see something early. At 7:25 four big does came up an old logging road. They were angling toward me. I picked out the biggest and steadied the crosshairs right in front of her shoulder and dropped the hammer. She ran maybe 20 yards and piled up. Can anyone say JERKY!!!!
Big ol' Nanny!!!! Congrats!

Handgunner

I think I have all the scores right now. I sort of got behind. If y'all see any mistakes, please correct me!

Way to go y'all!

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
harvest report DATA needed

public or private property PLEASE:D:D:D

Handgunner

Team: Operation Bad Medicine

Date: November 30th.

Time: 5:25pm

Weapon Used: S&W 629 Classic

Ammo Used: 220gr Hornady Leverevolution

Sex of Deer (# of points if buck): 2 does

Details about the hunt:

I went to my lil' honey hole where I got my last doe. It's not been hunted much, and with the pressure most of our places get, I figured it would be time to give it a try. With a front moving in, I guessed the deer would be up trying to fill their bellies.

At 5:20 or so, I looked to my right and saw a deer making it's way through the pines. I put the rifle scope on it, zoomed in and it was a big nanny... Perfect! I was wanting a buck, but with my cousin wanting meat, and me needing points, I figured "Why not?"

As I was putting the rifle down, I caught more movement,... another doe.. a yearling!

"A momma with yearling... probably not a buck in tow.. Come on in y'all!"

They then picked their heads up and looked behind them!!!

"Well, maybe there is something taking up the rear..."

So, I waited.. while the the nanny and yearling fed not 30 yards from me... Then I seen it.. another big body making it's way up through the pines towards my food plot!

I put the rifle on it, and another nanny doe with yearling...

Verifying all were does, it was time to break out the handgun. I put the rifle down, got my ear plugs in.. and waited for them to come out into the food plot.

The first nanny stepped out broadside at 20 yards.. I put the cross hairs on it's heart and squeezed one off.. She dropped and was diggin' dirt and gall berry bushes on her way out.. I looked to the right and the yearling was still standing there...

"More meat, and 10 more points!"

I cocked the hammer back.. found it's heart in the cross hairs and squeezed one more round off...

Boo-yow!

She dropped in the front and acted just like it's momma... diggin' dirt and gall berry bushes as it ran off.. As I put my handgun down and took out my ear plugs, I heard it take a dirt nap just out of sight in the pines.

I got down and went to where the yearling was... seen where it kicked the pine straw up and followed it... I found it 30 yards from where I shot it.

I drug it back to the food plot and went to where I shot the nanny.. I found where she kicked up dirt and pine straw and followed the trail... I found her about 40 yards into the planted pines.

Two down and plenty of meat for my cousins freezer!

Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me! :)

hg2does.jpg

davidf

congratulations to all of you i have been shut out the only thing i have seen is turkeys. giving it another try try this weekend. way to go jamiehunts i'll try to add a few points this weekend.

Will-dawg

Date: 12-20-09

Time: 7:35 am

Ammo used: 150 gr. Rem. core lokt

Sex of deer: doe 70 pounds private land

Details: Went back to my honey hole this morning and climbed up in my climber. The wind was stout and swirling so I didn't like my chances. At 7:35 I could hear the land owners Jack Russell coming toward me (his coller tag was jingling) and all of a sudden 2 deer bumped from in front of him. I practically yelled to get them to stop and this one was the unlucky one that did. Shot her right in the shoulder and she stumbled about 10 yards and fell over.

Attachments

• 100_1677.JPG
    100_1677.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 446
  • 100_1678.JPG
    100_1678.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 445

Handgunner

Way to go Will-dawg! I'll update your points!

ATLRoach

Team: HGK

Land: Private Land

Date: 12/19

Time: 5:20pm

Weapon Used: T/C Contender

Ammo Used: 357 Max 180gr XTPs

Sex of Deer (# of points if buck): 6 Point

Details about the hunt: Hunting a tripod over a green field.

IMG00030.jpg

IMG00031.jpg

Last edited:

Handgunner

Team: HGK

Date: 12/19

Time: 5:20pm

Weapon Used: T/C Contender

Ammo Used: 357 Max 180gr XTPs

Sex of Deer (# of points if buck): 6 Point

Details about the hunt: Hunting a tripod over a green field.

IMG00030.jpg

IMG00031.jpg
Way to go, Kyle!

Handgunner

Team: Operation Bad Medicine

Date: December 21

Time: 5:33pm

Weapon Used: S&W 629 Classic

Ammo Used: 220gr Hornady Leverevolution

Sex of Deer (# of points if buck): Nanny doe

Details about the hunt:

Private land.

Took another big doe this evening!

Was hunting out of a box stand when out of an oak flat walked a yearling and it's mom. They were to my right, feeding to my left towards my food plot. The yearling was a small button head. Once crossing through an old gate and into my food plot, I decided it was time. At 40 yards they stopped in the food plot to feed. I got my ear plugs in, settled the cross hairs on the does vitals and squeezed one off.. Right into the heart and lungs! She ran about 60 yards and piled up into a gallberry thicket!

More meet for the freezer and 10 points on the board!

Thank you Lord for your blessings on me! :)

Attachments

• entrydoe.jpg
    entrydoe.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 415

davidf

congratulations on the doe

Darrell H

Team: Darrell H & blakely

Date: 12-23-09

Time: 8:30 a.m.

Weapon Used: T/C Contender, 9" .41 Mag

Ammo Used: Handload consisting of W296 and a 210 gr Remington JSP

Sex of Deer (# of points if buck): 9

Details about the hunt: The deer came through with a number of other bucks chasing a doe. I just zoned in on this one when he gave me a shot at 50 yards quartering away. He dropped at the shot.
102_3170.jpg

Team: Darrell H & blakely

Date: 12-23-09

Time: 8:31 a.m. :biggrin2:

Weapon Used: T/C Contender, 9" .41 Mag

Ammo Used: Handload consisting of W296 and a 210 gr Remington JSP

Sex of Deer (# of points if buck): 8

Details about the hunt: The deer came through with a number of other bucks chasing a doe. After I shot the other buck listed above, this deer ran about 50 yards in front of me and stopped long enough for me to reload my Contender and take a shot. I hit him high in the lungs and he ran about 75 yards.
102_3177.jpg

Here is a photo of both bucks together:
102_3182.jpg

Now to start on the does!

blakely

Congrats, partner. I have got to get on the ball, I've seen some deer, but have not killed one all year.