GA Lifetime Sportsman's License

Woodscrew

I bought me one yesterday at the Macon DNR office. Its a good bit to come off of at once but if your fairly young its well worth it in the end. They will pay for there self in about 8 years at todays prices and who know when the price will go up. Its bound to oneday, Everything else is.

chainshaw

I have had my lifetime license for 5 years and the only "fee" that I have paid is for a Federal Duck Stamp.

Buying a lifetime license is one of the best purchasing decisions that I have ever made.

1776Flintlock

It does tend to confuse ticket agents when I ask them to just give me my tags.

Is there a way I can order just my tags for Turkey/Deer online or something?

With less agents it could be harder to get since I will not have much time to wander around looking for an agent when I get back to hunt.

Thanks

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
It does tend to confuse ticket agents when I ask them to just give me my tags.

Is there a way I can order just my tags for Turkey/Deer online or something?

With less agents it could be harder to get since I will not have much time to wander around looking for an agent when I get back to hunt.

Thanks

Go online as if you're buying a tag and then select the harvest record option and you can print it for free

1776Flintlock

Thanks! Same response from DNR via email:

You can go on the website and under license. It will be like you are purchasing one but there is no charge. You will need a Deer Harvest Record. Click on this and print off.

Ain't computers great (and GON too of course!)

:flag:

Highintheshoulder

Sent mine off today...:clap:

Bkeepr

Got one 5 or 6 years ago, I love it because I don't have to remember stuff any more. No more trout stamp, no more WMA stamp! Just have to remember to get my deer tags.

1776Flintlock

What number?

When I got my Lifetime License I got a number in the very, very low 3 digit zone. I figure they are sequential so what number on the license are y'all near these days?

wmahunter

Banned
When I got my Lifetime License I got a number in the very, very low 3 digit zone. I figure they are sequential so what number on the license are y'all near these days?

Got mine and my son's when he was just turning 16...he is 27 now.
They have paid for themselves almost twice already and also in less aggravation. My son and I lost a half day of a two day trout fishing trip running around North Ga trying to find someone who sold trout stamps....can't get one in S Ga but haven't had to worry about that for the last 11 years since getting the lifetime license.
My number starts with an "A" and then is a low 3 digit number. Got them the first year they were available as far as I know.

1776Flintlock

Got mine and my son's when he was just turning 16...he is 27 now.
They have paid for themselves almost twice already and also in less aggravation. My son and I lost a half day of a two day trout fishing trip running around North Ga trying to find someone who sold trout stamps....can't get one in S Ga but haven't had to worry about that for the last 11 years since getting the lifetime license.
My number starts with an "A" and then is a low 3 digit number. Got them the first year they were available as far as I know.
Cool! My has no letter before the number. I can't recall when I got it way back when. I wonder then if I was in the very first batch of folks to get one?:huh:

rjcruiser

Got mine probably 5 years ago or so...number is 19XXX.

I should check my son's...got his about 2 years ago...just before he turned 2 :D

simpleman30

did they send anyone else 2 copies? i've had mine for years but a week after i got it in the mail, i received a duplicate license with the same info and paperwork.

jimireece25

I Bought my lifetime license before I turned 16 for $350. Just hunting once a year in our family thanksgiving hunt, its paid for itself. Great investment.

Hogchaser

I wish i had known about this 25 yrs ago when i moved here! Not a deal anymore. I am 57 on Mar 15th. It will cost $500. for the thing. If i wait for 3 more yrs until age 60 i can get it for $95.

deersled

I wonder how long it will be before they change the rules and come up with some obscure charge for people that have them? Just like Sonny did this year with the "specialty license plates" for your car.

insane04

they better not i am mailing out my entire family of four in the morning!!! if you dont have a liftime in GA you dont know what you are missing!!

Luckybuck

I have a Ga lifetime license and before deer season I go on line and print out a copy of the deer harvest record, do not have to go to Ga license distributor to get deer harvest record, not sure about HIP because I do not use it.