Faith...

I would love to start a thorough discussion on "faith". It appears to be so important in the bible especially in the new testament. I admit that 'faith' is something i struggle with. I think my main struggle with faith is due to not understanding it thoroughly. For you prayer warriors, I would love to hear about your take on "faith" and what it means to you and especially how you apply it in your lives.. Everybody chime in and add your thoughts... I am sure we can all benefit from each others thoughts on what Faith means to them in their lives... May God always get the glory!

BCPerry

Grat topic! For me, you have to understand what the definition of faith is. The short version is that it is believeing in something when you have no physical proof.

Not trying to start a political rant, but if you believe Sadaam Hussein had WMD's, or that there weren't any at all, or if you believe in little green men, or that we actually landed on the moon, then you have to have faith.

I was an atheist. Didn't believe a word in the bible. Then some things started happening to me. I had a long talk with my brother about what was going on. He told me God was talking to my heart. I asked him how I could believe in God when I wasn't sure that the things in the bible were true. He told me all I had to do was believe Genesis 1:1. He told me I had to have Faith in that. Everything else didn't matter.

I have been saved for 12 years now. My faith is in Genesis 1:1. If you can believe that 1 scripture, then you can believe everything else.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Perry brings up a good point.

Is the word faith as simple a word as it seems to be?
Is there more to "faith" than believing something to be true?
Does faith have to involve trusting, and depending?

funny people would rather argue over the bible than discuss something as important as Faith...

gtparts

funny people would rather argue over the bible than discuss something as important as Faith...

Don't rush me. I'll post when I am ready.:biggrin2:

And I am not sure I like being called "funny people".:rofl:

it's amazing how the forgetting of a 'comma' can set people off... :rofl:

i meant:

(i think its) funny, people... ;)

crackerdave

Here's an example of faith: The expectation that my heart will have a "next" beat.Only God really knows whether it will.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

Thoughts:

1) Faith is a confidence that God is always my advocate and will always be my advocate in life or in death (i.e. in all things).
2) Faith is knowing without seeing.
3) Faith is accepting without understanding.
4) Faith is trusting that the unseen is more powerful and more real than the seen.
5) Faith is belief that God is interested in me.
6) Faith is assurance that no one can pluck from my Father's hand.
7) Faith is loving the life of Christ in me more than me.
8) Faith is seeing beyond what I can touch or feel.
9) Faith is knowing in the Spirit.
10) Faith is living out God's purposes.

tomtlb66

I also struggle with my faith. I believe exactly what my Pastor said, He said you can't have victory without a battle. I struggle alot and I am learning as my faith grows. Its thru the ugly times and hard times when you fall at the feet of Jesus and pray and you feel His presence over you and around you.

Its a process, growth, and just plain doing it with your works. Its funny, I was reading in Timithy and he was talking about genuine faith. I was looking up genuine faith and found out it is exactly what faith is.

apoint

faith is loyalty, unquestioning belief.
no room for doubt. Sets the bar pretty high...

Madman

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb. 11:1

Big topic around my house lately.

Luke 17:6
So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.

I think I have faith but maybe I don't.

I do know I have been promised enough.

Confusious say: Punctuation, verrrwwyyy important.

Lowjack

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen ;Hebews 11;1
I like this personal translation from the Textus, as faith is not blind as many claim faith is assurance, faith is certainty that the things you hope for can be made true, and the conviction as many have said Conviction is knowing that it has already happened, I haven't seen my self seated in The Kingdom yet I know with all certainty I will be there.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
If Jesus said the faith of a mustard seed could move a mountain, and He did, then faith is obviously much, much more than I make it to be most times.

Because of faith, Abram left his home and family and set out into the unknown world.
people were burned alive, and cut in half.
By faith Noah build a giant boat in his back yard.
Moses crossed between the waters.

Good stuff, thanks. But how do you apply the faith during trials? Most of the time i just plain forget about it and act from the flesh.

apoint

Good stuff, thanks. But how do you apply the faith during trials? Most of the time i just plain forget about it and act from the flesh.

By putting all all your faith in Jesus in the most humbeling way. Turning it all over to the father. Having total faith in His will be done. Having no doubt His will is best.
Faith is a lot bigger thing than we recognize, like in very big thing.
I think, faith like a musterseed is a huge thing. Its called no doubt in God......

THREEJAYS

I also struggle with my faith. I believe exactly what my Pastor said, He said you can't have victory without a battle. I struggle alot and I am learning as my faith grows. Its thru the ugly times and hard times when you fall at the feet of Jesus and pray and you feel His presence over you and around you.

Its a process, growth, and just plain doing it with your works. Its funny, I was reading in Timithy and he was talking about genuine faith. I was looking up genuine faith and found out it is exactly what faith is.

A wise teacher we have at church once said "calm seas don't make good sailors"Faith grows most in the hard times when you have no where else to turn.

I think we some times think we have to have more faith than we do.A mustard seed is pretty small.In hard times it is easy for me to think of God because I have no where else to turn.Growing faith is alot like growing a garden,it doesn't happen by accident.If you don't spend time regular with God's people and in his word don't expect much.God through out the scriptures blessed action type folks.