Open letter to Ameristep

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
There is no warranty on these blinds, as some darn fools think they can keep the blinds exposed to the weather for more than two consecutive weeks.

Price of blind 2009 $125

Price of blind 2011 $ 625
Same great blind. Now guaranteed for those users who insist on 365 day exposure.

6 days, WW.
I went today and picked them up after setting them out last wednesday. They didn't handle the two days of rain well. Both were collapsed with broken fiber poles. Appreciate the heads up on the future price increase.:bounce:

Dear Sir, we at Ameristep Doghouse blinds could give a flip, long as idiots like yourself keep buying them we'll keep sending you a crappy product. Sincerely, HOQ Head of Quality Control.

Dude loose the attuide. all he ask was you to find better way to fix a problem. not suppose to down play people on here anyway.

Turkeypaw

Dude loose the attuide. all he ask was you to find better way to fix a problem. not suppose to down play people on here anyway.
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

Ol' Bread Basket

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hey now that makes sense cutting the poles because I set mine up once last year and they were very hard to get into place.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE!!!!!
Ameri-step never e-mailed me back about the problems with the fiber poles. I now have 4 doghouse blinds and not a single intact pole. Ameri-step has been out of stock on the Doghouse replacement poles since last year.:smash::smash:
Think i'll buy some tent replacement poles and give them a try.:rolleyes:

Mako22

BANNED
UPDATE!!!!!
Ameri-step never e-mailed me back about the problems with the fiber poles. I now have 4 doghouse blinds and not a single intact pole. Ameri-step has been out of stock on the Doghouse replacement poles since last year.:smash::smash:
Think i'll buy some tent replacement poles and give them a try.:rolleyes:

The same thing happened to mine about two weeks into last deer season, one pole split at the top and was tearing the roof material. I removed the broken pole and wrapped a roll of electrical tape on all of it's sections and then reinstalled it, it now works fine.

Fishin & Hunting

I did the same with one of my broken poles (broke because of my mistake), just wrapped it up to the point of the sleeve insert with electrical tape. Been working fine for two years now.

RLH

Ameristep

I've just bought a new set of poles to replace the ones that broke on my doghouse. I put tape on the new poles and will be trying them out next week. I will also try to cut off a bit cause putting them in place is a strain on them. Thanks to all for the helpful hints....and the good humor!!

Hogtown

Mine turn red so quick that I never had time to break the poles. That was the one and only doghouse I'll ever own. I've gone back to a 4' x 6' piece of camo cloth that I drape over limbs.

bigox911

Maybe with Quack laid up you might be able to get to someone who can really help :bounce:

Wild Turkey

Dear Sir;
Thats why we call them portable blinds. I believe with all my heart that you have fell victim to sabotage.

snookdoctor

Some of those responses really quacked me up:rofl:.

Get some electrical shrink tubing and cover the poles with that.

DEERFU

Is there an easy way to cut the poles? Just bought one that is very similar from Dick's and the poles were cracking while I was trying to install them. Had a pole crack on my double bull one time and they replace them for free.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
To whom it may concern,
I currently own 3 of the Ameristep Doghouse blinds. These were purchased at different times over the past 5 years. With the last one being purchased unused from a member on this forum( GON).
First off, I love the ease of setting the blind up and it's perfect for a long afternoon of sitting.
But, you have got to do SOMETHING about the fiber poles!
I have purchased 6 sets of replacement poles so far, and now find myself needing to order yet another 3 sets. I went to my lease today to move 2 blinds( including the new one) that were placed last week. Both were damaged by the poles breaking at the ceiling and punching through the fabric. This has happened in every instance! The poles always break at the center height cross section, and usually cause damage to the blind.
Please switch to a hub style or spring cross section at the center point of the interior ceiling, or at least give me an alternative to sewing up holes and ordering poles REPEATEDLY!!!
Sincerely, Robert H.

You left out the word "portable", as in pack it in and pack it out everytime you hunt..::ke:;)