26/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

Ok, this week will mark the half way point of the challenge. Unfortunately I've missed several weeks lately. Luckily a few diehards have kept it rolling for us. Thanks to you all. :cheers:

This week I thought I'd do something different. I'm gonna throw a wild card. I want each person to choose a theme, post it up as early in the week as they can, and then take a shot based on that theme. Don't take a shot and then choose a theme. Be honest with yourself and do it right. Next week we will go back to a common theme for everyone as usual. Just thought this might be something fun for the midway point of the challenge.

The theme is:

*WILD CARD*

And as usual, I have to post the rule garb... please read it and follow the time line requirements.

Time frame for taking and submitting your photo is between the posting of this thread and next Monday at 8:00 PM. Photos taken outside that time frame are not eligible for submission to the challenge thread. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :cheers:

Browtine

My personal theme will actually be card related... I'm going with "Jokers Wild", as in playing cards. ;)

wvdawg

Staff member
Well - I been thinking about trying some zoom blurs so why not this week? That will be my wildcard challenge!

Browtine

Well - I been thinking about trying some zoom blurs so why not this week? That will be my wildcard challenge!

Good one! I done some zoom blur with Christmas lights and decorations last year and had a blast doin' it. Can't wait to see what you get!

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
well if we are gonna be pickin' early i am gonna say my wild card will be SILHOUETTE!!! i haven't shot one of those in a good while !

wvdawg

Staff member
Zoom blur - Santa in tree

So much better this year with the tripod - I struggled last year to try them hand held! Here is a starter, but I'm sure I'll keep on messing around! Too fun!

Attachments

• 023 copy (800 x 531).jpg
    023 copy (800 x 531).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 316

Niner

WOW wvdawg!! That is awesome! I have to admit, I’ve never taken a snap like that. :yeah:

I doubt that's something I could do with my lil pointie shootie. :biggrin2:

Last edited:

Niner

I think I will try somekindof water shot.

Daylight permitting, there's a small waterfall in my neighborhood that I've been meaning to get a snap of....or not.....we'll see.

HALOJmpr

I'm gonna try some kind of water shot too this week. Great shot WV, very neat.

Browtine

So much better this year with the tripod - I struggled last year to try them hand held! Here is a starter, but I'm sure I'll keep on messing around! Too fun!

Nice shot! :clap:

Niner

Baby it's COLD outside!

I've been meaning to take a shot of this for some time, drive past it on a daily basis....just never got around to it.

Rushed home from work today because the way this week is shaping up I didn't think I'd have time to do it otherwise.

I grabbed the cam and tripod and got to the spot about 20 mins before dark! I don't think it turned out half bad. :)

Attachments

• Coweta_Falls3.jpg
    Coweta_Falls3.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 301

carver

cool shot Niner

wvdawg

Staff member
Neat shot Niner! Love the added effects with the ice!

captnkelli

I wish I would have found this thread 25 weeks ago. Better late than never!! I saw in an earlier thread a picture of a bible verse. What a fabulous Christmas card that would make so I am making that my personal challenge for the week.

Browtine

I've been meaning to take a shot of this for some time, drive past it on a daily basis....just never got around to it.

Rushed home from work today because the way this week is shaping up I didn't think I'd have time to do it otherwise.

I grabbed the cam and tripod and got to the spot about 20 mins before dark! I don't think it turned out half bad. :)

That is downright beautiful!!!!!!!!! Just an awesome shot!

Browtine

I wish I would have found this thread 25 weeks ago. Better late than never!! I saw in an earlier thread a picture of a bible verse. What a fabulous Christmas card that would make so I am making that my personal challenge for the week.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

LOVEMYLABXS

Had to change my mind from a drop of water cause I'd already done something close to it in an earlier challenge and was havin a hard time deciding what to do but then I saw it so I had to wait till I posted this and it's going to be "RELAXED" now if my subjects will just stay put till I get the shot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.