Anybody else had problems with these Rocky snakeboots?

bnew17

I got these snakeboots around april for turkey hunting. I loved the way they were put together with the zip up on the side of the boots and that it was made out of cordura material. The boots were a little stiff out of the box but after breaking them in they were fine...until they started leaking. I noticed that if i walked through high grass with lots of dew then they would leak water in around the foot area. I just called Rocky and they said i would need to take the boots back to where i bought them and that they would return the boots for me. A little frustrated because this is the 2nd pair of Rocky snake boots that i have found have NOT been waterproof. Anybody else have any problems with this boot?

Attachments

• 1580.jpg
    1580.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,413

GA DAWG

Rocky boots are CRAP nowdays. All of them. I'LL never buy another pair. They all leak. Danner snake boots are the best I've had. Last 3 pair of rock's leaked like a. Sift.

ehunt

yep bought the same pair in feb. zipper got in the cordura material took them back to barnes' in carrollton and they sent them back to rocky for me. rocky wanted to give me a new pair like them but i declined and took store credit.

Ben Athens

I got a pair of the Aztec snake boots and used them all Turkey season and so far no complaints.

BoShank

I will never buy another pair. Bought 2 different pair about 2 years ago and both haven fallen apart with not much use. I called and they would not send me new ones either. Never again.

bnew17

yep bought the same pair in feb. zipper got in the cordura material took them back to barnes' in carrollton and they sent them back to rocky for me. rocky wanted to give me a new pair like them but i declined and took store credit.

had the same issue with the zipper getting stuck in mine too. the lady at Rocky tried telling me they were one of the best selling boots they had :huh:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I just bought my wife a pair of Danner Sharptail snake boots a little while ago.

tknight

I had a pair years ago that were "water proof". Well it turns out, the boots were sprayed with a water repellant, and once you wear off the repellent...boots leak. I try my best not to buy any boots that don't have a liner...gortex etc.

rjcruiser

Danner Pronghorns. Going on year 3 and they don't leak.

bnew17

going in tomorrow to return them. see what they say. if at all possible im going to try and put some more money towards it and get Danners or Lacrosse.

sawlogsMS

i cruised timber during the summer when i was in school. in the summer 2001, i wore out two pair of rocky snakeboots. the soles came off both pair. i didnt have much money, but i broke down and ordered a pair of danners. i still have the danners today. they look terrible now but they have never, ever leaked. theyre as comfortable as they were the year i bought them.

bnew17

Just an update. The Lacross Venoms i ended up swapping the Rockys out for are awesome. Been walking through wet grass and in water all turkey season and been holding up fine. no leaks so far.

livetohunt

I thought everyone quit buying Rocky's years ago when they had the problem with the soles falling apart on all their boots? Not to mention they didn't offer a refund.

sothunfried

i'll never buy another pair of rockys again.
got a pair of bruins at the end of season 1 time never wore them until the next season and the sole started comming off. rocky basically said 'o well'.
they wont get my money again