Sims, Chuck
Wilkinson, Joe
Willard, Wendell

The 3 Democrats voting yes

Bryant, Bob
Buckner, Debbie
Glanton, Mike

Last edited:
GREAT! Thanks for the update. I was just trying to see the infomation on the govt website. Do you have a website to see how each rep. voted. I contacted my rep via email but have not received any reply and want to see how he voted.

1964787_742623899082630_1253329555_n.jpg

GTHunter007

"Allows local school system to allow teachers and administrators to carry in school safety zones and determine what training the school will require. Those selected to carry will remain unknown to the public."

To me...best part of the bill. This allows each school district to decide if they want to protect our futures or not. As a husband of a teacher and two small boys soon to be present in the public schools, I would love it if I knew my wife and a few others inside were armed and ready in the event of an emergency. Already going through defense training and in love with pistol shooting, this would or should prove we value our children as much as our money and public leaders.

Djtrout81

I agree with the post above me partially I would love for responsible parties in school to carry and I do not know about here in Georgia but I am from south Florida and I guarantee that given the opportunity Noone would carry or learn how to use their sidearm I mean teachers have a national reputation for being highly liberal I think it would solve two problems at once if we were to establish a certification program and hire veterans to carry at schools

poolecw

Your info is slightly incorrect. Epps, Bubber (Republican) voted YES while Epps, Carl Von (democrat) voted NO.

Vote breakdown

No
Democrats 52
Republicans 4
Total 56

Yes
Democrats 4
Independent 1
Republicans 114
Total 119

The 4 Republicans voting no

Epps, Bubber
Sims, Chuck
Wilkinson, Joe
Willard, Wendell

The 4 Democrats voting yes

Bryant, Bob
Buckner, Debbie
Epps, Carl Von
Glanton, Mike

660griz

I thanked my representative for the Yes vote.
I also told him, I think you should be able to carry a firearm anywhere you cannot be reasonably assured no one else has one.

HuntinDawg89

"Allows local school system to allow teachers and administrators to carry in school safety zones and determine what training the school will require. Those selected to carry will remain unknown to the public."

To me...best part of the bill. This allows each school district to decide if they want to protect our futures or not. As a husband of a teacher and two small boys soon to be present in the public schools, I would love it if I knew my wife and a few others inside were armed and ready in the event of an emergency. Already going through defense training and in love with pistol shooting, this would or should prove we value our children as much as our money and public leaders.

My wife is a public school teacher too and my 2 kids go to her school, so if something happens in that school my whole world is in there. I like this part of the bill too, but I am not under any illusions that any school systems will opt to arm teachers. The liability, the uproar from liberal idiot parents, the harsh press they would receive, etc., will prevent it IMO. Having a few people in each school that are trained and have access to weapons (former military would be obvious choices in general) is the one single affordable solution to situations like Sandy Hook but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with the post above me partially I would love for responsible parties in school to carry and I do not know about here in Georgia but I am from south Florida and I guarantee that given the opportunity Noone would carry or learn how to use their sidearm I mean teachers have a national reputation for being highly liberal I think it would solve two problems at once if we were to establish a certification program and hire veterans to carry at schools

There are a lot of liberals in the school systems in Georgia as well. My wife is a teacher and I'm always surprised how many of her teacher friends vote democrat, but I am confident they could find a few qualified and willing teachers, administrators, janitors, or whatever in most Georgia schools.

BriarPatch99

My Rep... Chuck Sims voted no ... I wonder what he was drinking this time! Blue Koolaide, I would guess ... it is 180 proof ain't it?

SGADawg

My Rep... Chuck Sims voted no ... I wonder what he was drinking this time! Blue Koolaide, I would guess ... it is 180 proof ain't it?

Not only was he one of only 4 republicans to vote No, he is the ONLY republican to speak against it on the floor!facepalm:

brittthomas

Not only was he one of only 4 republicans to vote No, he is the ONLY republican to speak against it on the floor!facepalm:

I always thought Chuck was a pretty decent guy till I seen this. He and my step-dad go way back.

Sure does make me look at him differently now. facepalm:

Khondker

HB 875 is in Senate now and has been assigned to the Judiciary Non-Civil Committee. Please contact the members of the committee and ask them to support HB875. The members of the committee are listed below:

Stone, Jesse Chairman
320-B Coverdell Legislative Office Building
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 463-1314
Fax: (404) 463-1388
Email - jesse.stone@senate.ga.gov

Ligon, Jr., William T. Vice Chairman
324-B Coverdell Legislative Office Building
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 656-0045
Fax: (404) 651-9703
Email - william.ligon@senate.ga.gov

Thompson, Curt Secretary
121-I State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 463-1318
Fax: (404) 651-7078
Email - curt@curtthompson.com

McKoon, Joshua Ex-Officio
319-A Coverdell Legislative Office Building
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 463-3931
Fax: (404) 657-3217
Email - jrm2016@yahoo.com

Bethel, Charlie
109 State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 651-7738
Fax: (404) 656-6484
Email -

Crosby, John
302-A Coverdell Legislative Office Building
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 463-5258a
Fax: (404) 657-0459
Email - John.Crosby@senate.ga.gov

Fort, Vincent :banginghe
121-J State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 656-5091
Fax: (404) 651-7078
Email - vincent.fort@senate.ga.gov

Hill, Hunter
323-A Coverdell Legislative Office Bldg.
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 463-2518
Email - Hunter.Hill@senate.ga.gov

Ramsey, Sr., Ronald B.
303-A Coverdell Legislative Office Building
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 463-2598
Fax: (404) 463-1386
Email - ronald.ramsey@senate.ga.gov

HuntinDawg89

HB 875 is in Senate now and has been assigned to the Judiciary Non-Civil Committee. Please contact the members of the committee and ask them to support HB875.

Khondker,

Isn't this the same committee where the campus carry bill got scuttled last year?

I remember calling all of the committee members and most of them (their staffers) asked if I was in their district and then lost all interest when I said no. Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with that this time around?

I did e-mail my state senator but he is not on the committee. One good thing about it, he is up for re-election this year.

Khondker

Khondker,

Isn't this the same committee where the campus carry bill got scuttled last year?

I remember calling all of the committee members and most of them (their staffers) asked if I was in their district and then lost all interest when I said no. Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with that this time around?

I did e-mail my state senator but he is not on the committee. One good thing about it, he is up for re-election this year.

Yes, it was HB 512.

My suggestion is to send small and polite email request to them, I am going to do the same thing.