Lake Allatoona 6/2 - 6/5 Aboard Firstbite. ( Pics )

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
Line-sides- Awesome !! The top water bite has started and is some of the best I have seen in years. All week long we have seen big schools from Kellogg Creek to Iron Hill. The top water action doesn't really get hot until 8am. But once it starts it is on. We have been catching most of our fish on small soft plastic swim baits. But I have seen others around us doing well on Sammy's, Spooks and Roster tails.

The live bait bite is still Excellent from one end of the lake to the other. Up north there are good numbers of line sides being caught at the mouth of Sweet Water also the flats at the Delta and in the S-Turns. Mid lake is also producing good numbers from Kellogg to Cooper Branch And the south end is also fishing well from the dam all the way up Allatoona Creek to the Lake Acworth spillway.

Free lining shad early is the ticket to getting your day started off right. After the sun comes up, look for these fish to move to main lake points and humps. We are catching most of our fish in less then 30 feet of water fishing right on the bottom. The key to loading the boat is fresh bait. Change your bait often and be sure to take plenty with you.

BmasterVol

Do you also do guided trips for largemouth?

Msteele

I really enjoyed fishing/helping with Robert last Tuesday. It really doesn't get any better. Those kids had an awesome time.
Thanks man!