Evening Pond Bass'n 7-15-2014 w/video

Scout'nStripers

I decided to shift gears from catching stripers to hitting a buddies pond for a few evening bass after work. Our plan was to do a little pond management fishing but the ones we wanted to take out were few and far between. We caught some very nice fish which tells us the pond management is working.
We were using some spinner baits I made up for the trip and a few flukes. We caught some average fish on the flukes but my spinner baits were the best bait right up until we were just about ready to pull out for the night. I had ordered some liquid plastisol from Bait Junkys, a local manufacturer, and when I got the order they threw in a few extra worms. I decided to bring them along to try and I'm glad I did. Here's a video including a very nice bass my buddy caught to end the evening.

Last edited:

Scout'nStripers

Nice looking bass and that last one was a pig...
It was Dirk, thanks. The first time she jumped, right beside the boat I nearly sharted in my shorts. At first we thought it might be a wall hanger but she felt a little light on the weight and when we put her on the scale she was a 9. That fish was the biggest 9 I've seen in a while, but it was great to see her swim away to be caught another day. Maybe next time we see her she'll have a bigger belly and a few more pounds on her.

DSGB

Yeah buddy! That's a big ol' bucket mouth!

Scout'nStripers

Wow. A place like that will get you spoiled.
Oh, he's spoiled alright. He's sponsored by us and does a lot of my bass tackle testing on those bass out there on the pond as well as Lanier and other area lakes, so he gets a lot of free tackle to test.
We sent the video to Bait Junkys yesterday and they are sending him some more free worms which was an awesome gesture.:flag:

fish hawk

Bass Master
Oh, he's spoiled alright. He's sponsored by us and does a lot of my bass tackle testing on those bass out there as well as on Lanier, so he gets a lot of free tackle to test.
We sent the video to Bait Junkys yesterday and they are sending him some more free worms which was an awesome gesture.:flag:

I catch big bass.....Do you think they will send me some?I don't care about sponsoring anybody though.

Scout'nStripers

I catch big bass.....Do you think they will send me some?I don't care about sponsoring anybody though.
My guess is that if you bought some of their plastics and caught some of those big bass on their tackle, made a video of catching fish on their tackle, or took some good pictures they may. Give em a shout or buy their tackle and see.

fish hawk

Bass Master
My guess is that if you bought some of their plastics and caught some of those big bass on their tackle, made a video of catching fish on their tackle, or took some good pictures they may. Give em a shout or buy their tackle and see.

So you don't think I could get some free samples first?To try out.I fish zoom mostly and have a 25 acre private lake I fish that's loaded with big bass.They might want to consider the situation and send me some free samples and then I would send them a pic of a big bass with one of there lures hanging out it's jaw and then they could send me some more free samples.........Think you could put in a good word for me?::;

fish hawk

Bass Master
I aint lyin either bud.........I get the big ones!!! It's like Jurassic Park out there.

Scout'nStripers

I doubt it fish hawk. I buy a lot of plastisol from them and because of this, they send me free samples from time to time. It's a nice gesture for giving them my business and they get all my plastisol business.
Why not spend a little money and buy some to try before looking for free stuff?

So you don't think I could get some free samples first?To try out.I fish zoom mostly and have a 25 acre private lake I fish that's loaded with big bass.They might want to consider the situation and send me some free samples and then I would send them a pic of a big bass with one of there lures hanging out it's jaw and then they could send me some more free samples.........Think you could put in a good word for me?::;

fish hawk

Bass Master
I doubt it fish hawk. I buy a lot of plastisol from them and because of this, they send me free samples from time to time. It's a nice gesture for giving them my business and they get all my plastisol business.
Why not spend a little money and buy some to try before looking for free stuff?

So you pour worms?........Maybe you could send me some free samples?i not only bass fish but we put the hammer down on the stripers and hybrids.....spots and shoal bass.....Crappie,bream and catfish!!!!You should consider it?We catch them all!!!

Scout'nStripers

So you pour worms?........Maybe you could send me some free samples?i not only bass fish but we put the hammer down on the stripers and hybrids.....spots and shoal bass.....Crappie,bream and catfish!!!!You should consider it?We catch them all!!!
I see that ya'll do some good fishing fish hawk. Unfortunately, there are a lot of fishermen out there that have the same success and I wish I could send every one of them some free tackle but I can't.

Once again, the best thing to do is BUY some tackle and take some initiative to thank the manufacture for a great product in the form of pictures or videos.

As an owner of a tackle company, that would impress me much more than someone just asking me for free tackle. I get requests for free stuff all the time.

fish hawk

Bass Master
I see that ya'll do some good fishing fish hawk. Unfortunately, there are a lot of fishermen out there that have the same success and I wish I could send every one of them some free tackle but I can't.

Once again, the best thing to do is BUY some tackle and take some initiative to thank the manufacture for a great product in the form of pictures or videos.

As an owner of a tackle company, that would impress me much more than someone just asking me for free tackle. I get requests for free stuff all the time.

Well just think about it......Do you have any prostaffers in the Columbus area?Ft. Benning,home of the worlds greatest soldiers and little lake they call Eufaula....It's a great and underutilized market down here!!Peace out and think about it!!!:cool:

Scout'nStripers

Well just think about it......Do you have any prostaffers in the Columbus area?Ft. Benning,home of the worlds greatest soldiers and little lake they call Eufaula....It's a great and underutilized market down here!!Peace out and think about it!!!:cool:
No prostaffers over your way....yet.

You think about buying some tackle before asking for free stuff. It'll probably work out a little better for you.:flag:

Bugpac

We don't make baits, we send samples of molds. I make baits for my own use. Making Jim's Buddy some for the heck of it. :)