Need suggestions on Bows for growing family.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
My wife wants to get our entire family into archery with the end result being everyone can bow hunt for deer. I have a bow and hunt. What I need is recommendations on bow models for my children (.ages 11 and 12) and my wife that will accommodate them as they grow and become stronger and more proficient. I can't afford to buy a bow for them every 2-3 years. Is there such a bow out there?

Kris87

I'd look at the Diamond Infinite Edge. Bowtech makes it, and it has probably one of the widest ranges of draw lengths and draw weights of any bow. They won't out grow it.

riskyb

I'd look at the Diamond Infinite Edge. Bowtech makes it, and it has probably one of the widest ranges of draw lengths and draw weights of any bow. They won't out grow it.

These are good bows my wife has one no problems and can sling an arrow very accurate very forgiving and very adjustable plus won't kill your wallet can use any accessories on the market

Etoncathunter

I'll 2nd the craze, I have it and love it. It is nice compact bow, adjusts from 70#-15 or20# and from 30"-17" without any special tools. I got my set up last year bow,site,release, half dozen arrows,quiver and all for $350ish.

IIICrkRepr

X2. My wife and daughter have one, I picked both of them up used. I had the archery shop crank them down to their lowest weight and got them started. Both are doing great at 20 yds now and getting ready to crank up them up another 5 to 10 lbs in draw weight.

frdstang90

X2. My wife and daughter have one, I picked both of them up used. I had the archery shop crank them down to their lowest weight and got them started. Both are doing great at 20 yds now and getting ready to crank up them up another 5 to 10 lbs in draw weight.

X3. My wife started out with one of these and when she upgraded my son got hers and is still shooting it. They are great bows and wont break the bank. I think I saw one for sale the other day on the GON marketplace.

alligood729

X3. My wife started out with one of these and when she upgraded my son got hers and is still shooting it. They are great bows and wont break the bank. I think I saw one for sale the other day on the GON marketplace.

That would be correct.....there is one listed there, 30-50lb range, 18"28" draw length. Good price too....

Kris, I found a Bowmaster press for cheap, I expect I'll be asking you, Steve, Cape, Chuck.....others too when I need some advice!

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Thanks for all the input.

rjcruiser

x4 on the infinite edge. my 7 yo son and 9 yo daughter have one and now my wife is shooting my daughters a bit, so I'll probably end up getting her one so we can all shoot together.

Very easy to set up and adjust. Just remember, the Infinite Edge is different than the Razor Edge. The Razor had 2 sets of limbs--one for below 30 lbs and one for 30-60 lbs. The infinite Edge has only one set of limbs to go from 12 or so lbs to 70 lbs. Amazing.

MossyCreek

Check out the Hoyt Ignite as well. IMO its better quality wise than the Infinite Edge. Cam has a rotating mod that adjust from a 19'-30'in. draw length. And the draw weight is adjustable from 15 all the way to 70 lbs, its a sweet little bow.

girlfriend in my avatar is shooting one

Triggerfinger_4

That would be correct.....there is one listed there, 30-50lb range, 18"28" draw length. Good price too....

Kris, I found a Bowmaster press for cheap, I expect I'll be asking you, Steve, Cape, Chuck.....others too when I need some advice!

Alligood, you bought the press not 5 minutes before I was sending the OP a pm on AT. :biggrin2:

C Cape

Infinite Edge, Ignite, and Craze are all great little bows. I think the ignite is the nicest of them especially for a teenager as it's not as "kid bow" feeling as some of the others. Only downside is not having half inch draw increments.

The Infinite Edge is definitely the most adjustable though.

Todd Cook

My wife wants to get our entire family into archery with the end result being everyone can bow hunt for deer. I have a bow and hunt. What I need is recommendations on bow models for my children (.ages 11 and 12) and my wife that will accommodate them as they grow and become stronger and more proficient. I can't afford to buy a bow for them every 2-3 years. Is there such a bow out there?

Are you specifically looking for compounds? There are lots of low priced traditional bows out there to be had. We( the TBG) do a lot of events introducing young folks to archery with longbows and recurves. Actually doing an event tomorrow at Acworth. We have several each year at the Rock Ranch and one at Unicoi state park if that would be something ya'll are interested in.

Jake Allen

Are you specifically looking for compounds? There are lots of low priced traditional bows out there to be had. We( the TBG) do a lot of events introducing young folks to archery with longbows and recurves. Actually doing an event tomorrow at Acworth. We have several each year at the Rock Ranch and one at Unicoi state park if that would be something ya'll are interested in.

Might be too much fun. :biggrin3: