Hoyt air shox questoin

bowhunterdavid

I have a hoyt factor, when it sits all day the first time you pull it back the air shox seems to stick to the limb and makes a pretty good noise, after the first shot it stops. I put some powder on it and it helped but still has a little noise the first shot of the day. I always pull my bow back when I get up in the stand, but will it get worse when it gets below 30 degrees are so? I can live with it , just wanted to see if any of you guys had a solution , THANKS..

Kris87

Got you covered right here....Just take some felt, or moleskin, and put it right under the rubber where it contacts the limb. It will also quiet down the slap sound it makes. I do this on all mine and have never had one stick once.

bowhunterdavid

Thanks Kris, i never thought of that, i have some moleskin here at the house, thanks again for help, i knew you would have the solution.

MossyCreek

Great idea kris!

I was adding some moleskin to a couple of my feeders to quite down the corn coming off and thought about maybe putting it under the air shox just to stop the small slapping sound but wasn't sure if itd work or if anybody had done it. Glad to know it will though

Pneumothorax

Just stumbled across this. Until now, my solution was to pull the bow partially back as soon as I get into the stand. I'll be adding some moleskin. Gotta love little tips like this.

Kris87

Just stumbled across this. Until now, my solution was to pull the bow partially back as soon as I get into the stand. I'll be adding some moleskin. Gotta love little tips like this.

When I'm bored, I sit in my basement shop thinking about the little things. My brain ain't smart enough to think about big things. :D