Browning A Bolt 10 - 12 years old in youth model

j_seph

I love this little gun however stock is too short. I just got off the phone with Browning and they said that there was no full length stock available for this gun. Sort of dumb that once the youth grows up, the gun cannot be adapted to them. Anyways back to my question, is there any way to extend the stock or anyone know of a way to convert a stock for this gun?

transfixer

I love this little gun however stock is too short. I just got off the phone with Browning and they said that there was no full length stock available for this gun. Sort of dumb that once the youth grows up, the gun cannot be adapted to them. Anyways back to my question, is there any way to extend the stock or anyone know of a way to convert a stock for this gun?

A good gunsmith should be able to add a spacer to the rear under the buttplate, or a recoil pad that is overall thicker ?

Lilly001

Have you searched Boyd's or the other aftermarket stock makers?
I have several Boyd's cstocks and they are great for the money.

j_seph

Evidently everything is layed out different on the youth models so no stock for any of the other short action A Bolts will fit. Reckon I will trace out the butt end and see how much length I will need and maybe can extend it that way.

Jester896

Senior Clown
The actions on a Browning youth are different than standard actions? Didn’t realize that... I know the action on 700 isn’t different.

mrsturkeyman

add butt pad

Clemson

Browning has mislead you. Browning no longer makes the A-Bolt, and they may not have any parts, but Midwest Gun Works catalogs many stocks for the A-Bolt. Your youth gun has the same action as the adult models, and a new stock will fix the length problem. You may have to have a gunsmith the fit the stock to the gun.

Bill Jacobs

madie

Bill Jacobs is right, actions on the youth and adult models is the same all you need is an A-Bolt adult size stock, did this to my son's rifle..

SCDieselDawg

Is it a A-Bolt youth model? Or a Micro Hunter? The Micro Hunter is Browning’s answer to Remington’s Model Seven.