The fool.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
It isnt considered anything to do with bullying, or who's dad is tougher(than can be tested if necessary)
It is more like one kid not only bragging about how cool his Best friend is(who nobody ever saw or meets INCLUDING the kid making the claims) but also asserting what will happen to others when they meet his friend.
Then the same kid scoffs at the idea of Billy having a different best friend because, well, there can be only one super cool best friend...and he is MINE!!!
Same schoolyard kid usually has the fastest bicycle that he never shows anyone or is seen riding and he has a beautiful older girlfriend....oh but she lives by his grandmother who lives in another state...far away....
But in reality if the other kid met my best friend he’d be best friends with him too cause my best friend wants more friends. Maybe they’ll meet :huh:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
But in reality if the other kid met my best friend he’d be best friends with him too cause my best friend wants more friends. Maybe they’ll meet :huh:
Spotlite, I will drive to your house if you will have your best friend meet me In Person.

See, that is the problem here....your best friend is invisible. Can you see other religions best friends? Can you meet them? Do you believe those other believers when they speak for their best friend? Do you honestly believe that those other believers know what their best friend wants, thinks, or would do?

In order to meet your best friend, I have to play pretend.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Spotlite, I will drive to your house if you will have your best friend meet me In Person.

See, that is the problem here....your best friend is invisible. Can you see other religions best friends? Can you meet them? Do you believe those other believers when they speak for their best friend? Do you honestly believe that those other believers know what their best friend wants, thinks, or would do?

In order to meet your best friend, I have to play pretend.
Yea but we are taking about a spirit. If someone told me they “saw” God, I’m most likely ignoring them and writing them off as in need of help.

I don’t know what other believers think, feel or experience. I only know what I experience and feel that intertwines and agrees with many many others. And, I know what the skeptics think, or even use an explanations to what they say is really happening and they are not even close, and I wouldn’t expect them to be.

Other than that, I have no issues with anyone referring to him as my invisible fried. But I know the difference between Bob and God.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yea but we are taking about a spirit. If someone told me they “saw” God, I’m most likely ignoring them and writing them off as in need of help.

I don’t know what other believers think, feel or experience. I only know what I experience and feel that intertwines and agrees with many many others. And, I know what the skeptics think, or even use an explanations to what they say is really happening and they are not even close, and I wouldn’t expect them to be.

Other than that, I have no issues with anyone referring to him as my invisible fried. But I know the difference between Bob and God.
A Spirit....Saw God equals nuts...taken by a spirit equals believable...
You can no more introduce me to a spirit than you can any god in the flesh or apparition.
Spirit is just another fancy word to replace Invisible.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Spotlite, I will drive to your house...........

If you ever wind up in this neck of the woods, hit me up. We will drown some minnows, pink worms and crickets.

I put 700 cats in one of my ponds on my lease last spring and there are plenty of bass that need taken out. Plenty of lips that need ripped.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
A Spirit....Saw God equals nuts...taken by a spirit equals believable...
You can no more introduce me to a spirit than you can any god in the flesh or apparition.
Spirit is just another fancy word to replace Invisible.

You’re right, I can’t. That’s why I struggle with debates. There is a fine line there where we forget that it’s not our job to convince.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
If you ever wind up in this neck of the woods, hit me up. We will drown some minnows, pink worms and crickets.

I put 700 cats in one of my ponds on my lease last spring and there are plenty of bass that need taken out. Plenty of lips that need ripped.
I do appreciate the kind offer.

Israel

BANNED
I did believe until my brain was fully developed.
LOL...whose gunna argue with that? Who can?

The defective mind theory of faith...or perhaps more kindly attributable to immaturity.
What can't be dismissed so? Not yet...whole enough...not yet grown enough? Not yet...real....or valid enough...yet.

Who's to reply?

Sure, I been around what most of you might call religious folks long enough to know there's a way of phrasing in opposition, a way of dispute that thinly veils "you are not yet quite as good as we are". Yeah, no doubt I've worn that T shirt, too. But really...who hasn't?

Not "smart" enough...studied enough, intelligent enough to say you know...what you believe you know.The valid vs the invalid. Pick a side, almost everything lends itself to such argument. Ain't it wonderful? There's provision for all men, of all time...to play there.

But, when the prizes eventually tarnish (as they all do) or become so dust laden (is it the wise who see what that first speck portends in settling there...or the fool?) the "game" itself gets displayed for what it is...

Anyway...till I hear the ref call "time", a man would be even more the fool if he didn't enjoy the role he's assigned.

I got my eye on you, too.cyclops.jpg

Might as well admit...by communication...by speaking...you really were "asking for it".

ky55

I know right? I really tried to find a kindler way of putting it and still be accurate. Just couldn't do it.
While it seems harsh, it is based on facts.

I don’t think it’s harsh at all.
I know right? I really tried to find a kindler way of putting it and still be accurate. Just couldn't do it.
While it seems harsh, it is based on facts.

Nah, I don’t think it’s even the least bit harsh.

Israel

BANNED
I don’t think it’s harsh at all.

Nah, I don’t think it’s even the least bit harsh.

Why would you when it's of such utility?

And how could it be argued against?

Ya end up looking like Fredo...(not that I am particularly opposed to his appearance...he's probably a very well drawn representation of me)

But that doesn't change (nor could I expect it to) what seems most plain of all, men's deep affection for their own character. So that when it appears to them insulted (the all that has made contribution, in their eyes, to its forming) it's far more usual to find their compelled opposition represented. "I'm not crazy" "I'm not defective" "I don't have an immature brain" "I'm not unintelligent" "I'm not uninformed" "I'm not immoral" And thereby find themselves on stage arguing in the theater of the absurd.

As is commonly expressed, and not without salience "prisons are full of innocent men".

The believer in Jesus Christ is quite otherwise. He cannot deny the light that has shown him defect, lest found denying defect, he deny that light. Admitting defect is one of the parts written for him.

Yes, I am remarkably immature in any answer to your contention. I am the defective that responds to you. You may "want better", even think you have a right to the better and better response (how many times has that been trotted out?) but...when you get on this stage, you can only speak the lines assigned and according to your character, you don't decide who's cued by your lines of dialogue, anymore than I, or any other does.

And, the characters are displayed. If my delivery of these lines seems simply too perfectly played, even too convincing...too well formed to seem in all then as the most artificial, well, I've had some excellent coaches on stage with me. Hats off to your bravura performances! Who but the very strongest could resist emulations?

atlashunter

I don’t know why believers are so impressed by that verse in Proverbs. Every cult worth it’s salt proclaims itself to be the one true religion and warns followers that non-believers are fools.

WaltL1

I don’t know why believers are so impressed by that verse in Proverbs. Every cult worth it’s salt proclaims itself to be the one true religion and warns followers that non-believers are fools.
Human nature. If you can convince a believer of whatever group that everybody else is a fool for believing something different then its easier to dismiss them and what they believe. Its a form of control. "You are too smart to listen to that nonsense so you just stick with us and don't pay attention to them or what they believe".
To be fair its a tactic that is used in lots of areas and not just religion. It probably would only take us a minute or two to find an Atheist site that uses the same tactic.
You are smarter/better if you buy this and not that, if you hunt this way but not that way, if you watch this news channel but not that one, if you live here but not there... the examples are endless.
It should be a big flashing warning sign when you are encouraged to dismiss rather than to examine for yourself.

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
If one needs to handle that verse it might best be served in understanding that light does not discriminate.

If a heart is dis-closable, than any and all hearts are equally in sight as to what is spoken there, and what is heard there. And the light the believer ascribes to, is without limit to searching depths.

So God knows the why (before we do) of the why we may resort to any particular verse, word. or assertion. This verse must be first sobering to the believer...otherwise it's like using a scattergun at the picnic trying to hit the snake on the blanket, where your kids are also sitting.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
"So god knows..."
Priceless