A/T American made truck tire

Buckman18

went from the frying pan right into the hottest part of the fire, didn't you?

I can't get a set of Generals to run 30k.
That figures...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a truck that came with Generals on it. 30k and they were slick.

Dusty Roads

I haven't bought any Generals in 15 years or so. To me, the Kelley Edge A/Ts are pretty much Goodyear Wranglers for a cheaper price. They're even made on the Goodyear molds.
In the past it was Kelly/Springfield-Iwonder what the Springfield means and what happened.Is it made by Uniroyal?

Swamprat

Swamprat
Never have had a problem with BFG AT's in mud but of course most of the mud I was in is more of a black muck type not a gumbo clay but will say several years ago I pulled a guy out of a lease in SW Georgia who decided driving into the so called dry cypress pond would be a good idea but was basically gleyed clay.. 4 low and hammer down turning the front wheels slightly to keep a solid bite got him out. Got pics at work of the ruts of him going in and me pulling him out.

Talking about mud tires Buckshots (Most of the big ranches in Central and South Florida ran em on their trucks) are good but I always ran Super Swamper TSL's back in the day. Even though I had 4WD I could go places most in 2WD that most were struggling to get thru in 4WD with Ground Hawgs or Monster Mudders. Skinny mud tire is the way to go...13-37's on a 15 inch wheel back in the mid 80's

HuntingFool

I run 35x12.50x20 on my 2015 Silverado and I am about to have to buy new tires. I am looking at the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Cross between their AT and Mud tire. Really good reviews. Gonna sting a little at about $400 per tire.

Dub

Firestone Destination AT have done well for me. Had four sets on different vehicles and close to 60k on each set.

Daily driver that off-roads for hunting and fishing.

Running a set of Firestone MT2 mud tires on my truck now. 21,000k miles and no real signs of wear. Quiet and unreal offroad.

ldavid008

I put a set of Cooper ATP's on my F250 for $164/each with a $70 rebate that I actually received.

They're pretty aggressive and 55,000 mile tires. The other Cooper AT's had good reviews but I noticed that the bad reviews were all 3/4 ton truck owners only getting 35-40,000 miles out of them. The ATP's were at Discount Tire and had even better reviews especially for diesel trucks.

paulito

I put Cooper STT Pro on my F150. More of a hybrid AT leaning toward the mud tire side of things. They seem to be wearing just fine. Not sure i will get 60K out of them but should get close. They have a it more road noise than my past AT and my fuel mileage did drop a bit.

They look and perform really good but i think i may drop back down to a true AT when i have to replace just to cut the noise and get some fuel economy back. We have had good success with Toyo AT at work. made in Adairsville i believe.

transfixer

I put Cooper STT Pro on my F150. More of a hybrid AT leaning toward the mud tire side of things. They seem to be wearing just fine. Not sure i will get 60K out of them but should get close. They have a it more road noise than my past AT and my fuel mileage did drop a bit.

They look and perform really good but i think i may drop back down to a true AT when i have to replace just to cut the noise and get some fuel economy back. We have had good success with Toyo AT at work. made in Adairsville i believe.

I have the same tires on my silverado 2500 , have about 30k on them now, I might get another 5k if I'm lucky, they were great off road and in the mud, but I'll go with a less aggressive tire next time, which will be fairly soon.

Dusty Roads

I run 35x12.50x20 on my 2015 Silverado and I am about to have to buy new tires. I am looking at the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Cross between their AT and Mud tire. Really good reviews. Gonna sting a little at about $400 per tire.
$400 each!!!!!

Swamprat

Swamprat
You are getting hosed for 400 a tire.....just saying.

HuntingFool

You are getting hosed for 400 a tire.....just saying.

How do you figure that? Cheapest I have found is $382 each. Name brand tires in 35x12.50x20 run from $350 - $400 each range. I have run some of the off brand tires and even certain name brand tires that I refuse to run because of issues I had on trucks previously. But if you know where to get those tires for cheaper then do tell.
I could understand getting hosed if they sell that exact tire for $200 and I was paying $400. But sorry to say the market is what the market is for a name brand tire in that size. I don't call that getting hosed. I call that paying what you gotta pay to play.

Dusty Roads

I went with Cooper-*especially like the idea of supporting fellow Ga folks(the south Ga plant).