Ever seen a beaver do this?

Wire Nut

Found this yesterday duck hunting. Never seen a beaver make a ball

crackerdave

I had beavers eat my okra patch one year.It was near my pond,and I tossed the overgrown pods in the pond.They liked it so much they ate every single plant and then came back and dug up the stumps and ate them,too.The electric fence didn't faze them.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I had beavers eat my okra patch one year.It was near my pond,and I tossed the overgrown pods in the pond.They liked it so much they ate every single plant and then came back and dug up the stumps and ate them,too.The electric fence didn't faze them.
Hey, at least they came back and cleaned up the stumps!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My late father-in-law had a big huge patch of collard greens beside a little creek. A beaver came up the creek and completely wiped him out in about a week.

oldguy

Was stomping along in waders early Spring working a beaver job. Took a long cut through some planted pines hoping to find an antler shed. Walked right up on a beaver curled up asleep. Almost stepped on him! Thought about reaching down and touching him but didn't want to risk him getting away. Just pulled out me pistol and sent him to the happy hunting ground.
Trapped 'em eating out of corn patches, soybean fields, turnip patches, peanut fields, and cutting cotton stalks for their dam. Beaver and otter my two favorite fur bearers!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Was stomping along in waders early Spring working a beaver job. Took a long cut through some planted pines hoping to find an antler shed. Walked right up on a beaver curled up asleep. Almost stepped on him! Thought about reaching down and touching him but didn't want to risk him getting away. Just pulled out me pistol and sent him to the happy hunting ground.
Trapped 'em eating out of corn patches, soybean fields, turnip patches, peanut fields, and cutting cotton stalks for their dam. Beaver and otter my two favorite fur bearers!
A guy I know shot a big one with a bowfishing arrow on a string once. He said he soon learned that it wasn't a good idea at all. :bounce:

Gary Mercer

Used to set up in the late evening down on the New River at the hunt club. My 22 Magnum was just right for a sundown hunt.
The New River ran for about 2 miles through the property, and was uninhabited. Talk about a beaver factory. If they ever got a dam going it would flood out a huge chunk of bottom land. Bad for hunting, good for beavers.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I remember reading one time that a beaver is one of the few animals in the world to have killed a wolverine. When the wolverine tackled it, they rolled off into the water and the beaver beaver bit it, held on, and went to the bottom of the pond till the wolverine drowned.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I remember reading one time that a beaver is one of the few animals in the world to have killed a wolverine. When the wolverine tackled it, they rolled off into the water and the beaver beaver bit it, held on, and went to the bottom of the pond till the wolverine drowned.
If wolverines lived in the south and were as common as coyotes are now,we'd be in a heap of trouble.

j_seph

That went in their ball valve at their D am. Probably the old one they took out

Tom W.

When I worked at the National Wildlife Refuge in Eufaula one of my favorite jobs was blowing up beaver dams. We had some old explosives that even the senior guys didn't really want to use, and a case or two of TOVEX. It was inert until you mixed the red fluid with the granulated stuff, which I found out was fertilizer. Plenty of det cord, a block or two of the older stuff and about two bottles of the TOVEX, all heavily taped with electrical cord and stuck deeply onto the dam at three places and we were almost set. I'd unshunt the wires and hook them to the detonator, and the other fellow would holler out "fire in the hole" three times. Some places, especially at the old farm site on the Georgia side, you could hear the gators growl a piece off...
I'd twist the detonator and there's be mud, smoke, a loud BOOM, snakes flying through the air and the water leaving from behind what was the dam that we would find little bream fingerlings caught in the mud.... That was fun....