Silver river knap-in feb 14th -15th

7 point

The silver river knap-in is held at the silver springs state park in silver springs Florida on hy 40 .I'll be there on the 15th hope to meet some of yall if you can make it.

crackerdave

That's not far from my old stomping grounds in Hog Valley.

What month is it?

crackerdave

I've often wondered how the Natives were able to make spear and arrow points and knives in places where rock is scarce.
Trading seafood for rocks,maybe?

flconch53

I've often wondered how the Natives were able to make spear and arrow points and knives in places where rock is scarce.
Close. There was a tremendous amount of trade for items available in different places. I have a couple of pieces of chirt that was being worked that I found in the Ocala national forest. There was also agatized coral found in Florida.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

There is good chert and workable stone in various areas around Florida, from Tampa up to the Panhandle. Not so much in way South Florida. Trade was strong all over this country for valued goods. Especially for good quality stone.

Willjo

The silver river knap-in is held at the silver springs state park in silver springs Florida on hy 40 .I'll be there on the 15th hope to meet some of yall if you can make it.
Seems like I looked for you last year and missed you. I plan on being there all three days again this year set up. I had my avatar on my table and will this year