Near Shore Reefs

ChadA

In search of any boat owners that may want to pair up and try some near shore reefs this spring and summer. I've been to the BL behind st cats but haven't tried anywhere else yet.

RHFisherman

I put in at Demeries and live about 5 minutes away from the dock. I'd be interested in linking up. I got a 16' Lund that I'd like to take out with another boat

GONoob

I have a bigger boat I want to use more this season. Its been winterized for 2 years lol

Riplukelee

I’m in as well!! If folks are willing to take the drive we can put in at Lazaretto and fish the King Mackerel on Hilton Head reef

ChadA

Sounds like several people are interested. I'll be glad to meet up with anyone in the future if nothing more to introduce myself and discuss plans.

RHFisherman

South Bryan County here, bout 5 minutes down the road from Demeries Creek boat ramp. I'll start focusing on fishing Mar 1 after small game season finishes up. Getting the boat ready and the rods rigged up now. I'm retired so I fish weekday mornings. I mainly focus on sharks in and around St. Cats Sound but can fish anything.

boatbuilder

I am in atlanta fish out of a 20 foot boat and normally leave from st simons. I usually fish the closer in reefs like f reef but have been wanting to try some of the further out reefs with a buddy boat.

Phoda

Are there any near-shore reefs that are close enough to access with a pedal-drive kayak? For me, that means less than two miles.

Phoda

https://coastalgadnr.org/HERU

Some of them should be in range.

There are also some wrecks that show up on navonics. Do you have A fishfinder. Rigged up?
Great information in that link, I appreciate it. I have the Navionics app on my phone and will have the fish finder set up by the time I head out on my next trip. I've never seen anything labeled as a wreck on Navionics, though - how do you find them? Probably newbie questions, I apologize.