Opening Chokes

7dawg9

Who would y’all recommend to open the chokes on some older, fixed choke shotguns? I’ve got some choked Full and Full that I’d like to open up. Can drive just about anywhere in GA, AL, TN, SC.

weagle

Mail them to Mike Orlene. He always has them back to me inside 2 weeks.

7pPtReO.jpg

krizia829

I have a Sarasqueta shotgun 12GA o/u I took to a local gunsmith (well known, expensive & crappy customer service since the son took over).. They said the wall was too thin to thread :( Hopefully you have better luck! It sucks to have it just sit there..

Elkbane

I've done the same thing with an older model Winchester 101 and a 1940's era Fox Sterlingworth. Len Evans at Evans Tool & Die in Conyers did both for me. Len has a competitive shooting background and his family founded South River Gun Club south of Conyers on Hwy 212. He can open forcing cones as well.

Might be an option if you haven't already found someone to do the work.

Elkbane

godogs57

Schwarz Firearms Restoration, East Ellijay GA is your man.

He is 100% “old school” and I can’t recommend him highly enough. I think I’ve had a dozen or so vintage Winchester’s, a 1907 Colt SAA and LC Smiths reworked by him and his work is top notch...he is meticulous.

He takes in work from all over the country...he’s not just a “local guy” who tinkers with guns. Bill has opened several too-tight chokes on vintage shotguns for me and he does it right. He opens the choke from the breach end, not the front end, so the resulting shot pattern remains “centered”, not cattywhompus. Give him a call.

Bill Schwarz 706 276 7668.

Clemson

Another vote for Bill schwarz! I'm a gunsmith myself, but my expertise is in rifles and more modern shotguns. I sent my personal Parker to Bill Schwarz.

Bill Jacobs