Female Curious About Handgun Hunting

Dub

Good deal! I don't need another 10mm, but have considered the Springfield, just because I don't have one and it feels much better in my hand than a Glock.

Just remember to practice shooting offhand at the distances you plan on hunting deer at.

Rosewood

Sounds like a good enough reason to me. :banana:

I used Powder River Precision .net for a replacement drop in trigger for my XDM that I shoot a lot...changed things up a good bit for it. Definitely the best part of the change was the striker hit...it went from sounding like one of those spring door stops to something nice and crisp....reset is way faster too

How is the case support on the 10mm XDM compared to the Glock ?

Jester896

Senior Clown
Sorry...my XDM is 9mm (19 round) but I can pop the barrel out and get you a picture of that if you need it.

natureman

I likewise prefer .357 magnum. You always have the choice of using .38 in it which makes it very versatile. I have a Model 28 Highway Patrol with 6" barrel. It is very accurate.
gun.jpg

Bkeepr

Hey Beekeeper you ever road test that possible bag I made for you ?
I need to get together with my black powder buddies and do some shooting. It is all loaded up with goodies and is a thing of beauty.

rosewood

The virus didn't slow me down. I went to range yesterday with my brother and we practiced social distancing there..

uturn

I’ve enjoyed reading folks thoughts here, I wouldn’t consider myself as very knowledgeable but I have a safe full of handguns.

Was thinking while reading of my wife and daughter being a woman ask the original question..I’ve also chosen the 357’s a lot over the years for both of them to shot loaded with their choice of the 38 or 357 as mentioned and they have shot plenty of both! There is always one riding in the transporter at camp too! Whether golf cart, truck etc.

Funny thing is for whatever reason both my ladies love to end any shoot with the 45 Kimber Ultra Carry!

Lots of great advice here!!!

Last edited: