The contrast of covenants

StriperAddict

Well written and inspiration for the heart ...
-----------------
As a young believer in Christ, I was told the Ten Commandments were written on my heart. It took me 23 years of struggling and striving before finding out this wasn’t true. Religion will try to apply this false assumption by plucking “the verse” of Hebrews 8:10 out of context, disregarding what was said in the previous chapters and the ones to follow, thereby missing crucial context.

The entire package of 613 commands and stone statutes came to an end with Christ when He became High Priest after His death. The New Covenant is not a revision or an amendment to the Old. It’s not an improved version of the first covenant. It was cancelled, annulled, and this Old Covenant which we Gentiles never had any part of was completely wiped-out, removed and replaced with a new one that is more excellent and far better.

Why? New Covenant writings reveal that the law from the previous covenant—every jot and tittle of it—was deemed to be weak and useless. It was not based upon faith. It could make nothing perfect—when perfection was the requirement. It was the strength of sin and caused it to increase (not diminish). Not a single law within the law could bring life or righteousness. It was the ministry of death and condemnation. Trying to keep it caused people to bear fruit for death. Although once glorious, it now has absolutely no longer glory at all. The letter from Mt. Sinai killed and brought spiritual bondage.

The real question religion should be asking is … why would we want this faulty ministry written on our hearts?

Now that our High Priest has obtained a better and more excellent ministry than the obsolete law, you have become the letter of Christ, not written with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. Not on tablets of stone, but on the tablets of our new hearts. God declared this New way would not be like the Old one when the Moses mob came out of Egypt … these covenants are very different from one another and therefore, can’t be mixed together. The Old brought a reminder of sin, leaving people trapped in a sin consciousness (guilt), whereas in the New, God declared He would remember sins no more. Redemption. Deliverance. It’s the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus (not the former law of sin and death). A new way of love, faith and liberty.

If it were the top ten written on our hearts, it would mean the rest of the 603 should be written there as well … because nothing can be added to or taken away from the law package. God never said to cherry-pick which laws should apply to your church statement … and trust me, most of us aren’t even familiar with 90% of what is in the forest from the previous testament. This is why all of it had to be set aside and replaced with the more glorious ministry of His Spirit living in us, where His fruit can flow through us … and this can only occur apart from the law. Belief in Christ results in receiving a kingdom within us that cannot be shaken, filled with righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. God’s gospel of grace is stronger than any unalterable regulations or ever-changing set of religious guidelines.

- Mike Kapler

StriperAddict

This was posted today by my brother Eric on FB, it adds to the above. Enjoy ...

“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.” 2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:18

What message you look at convinces of something, whether of life or death.

Some wonder why, when I share the gospel of grace, I teach using contrasts showing the substantial difference between grace and law and grace and religion.

My answer is simple.

I want you to hear, see...and believe grace.

I want you to know the two are not the same so that when you’re hearing the message of the one, it is certain you are not hearing the message of the other.

The two cannot be blurred together as though they are the same, when in fact, grace and law are poles apart.

When an experienced jeweler shows you the diamond ring you’re still unsure you want to buy, he doesn’t set it on the glass case before asking your opinion.

In this instance, the diamond would not stand out and because the two are blurred together, you would have a hard time telling where the glass case begins and the diamond ends.

Instead, the knowledgeable jeweler takes the diamond and displays it on a pure black velvet background as a visible contrast so you can see the diamond sparkle the way it was meant to for your viewing...and purchasing pleasure.

When you go out to look at the stars, do you do it under the noonday sun?

You won’t see much.

Wait until the sky is pitch black, then go out and you will see the stars in all their glory.

Friend, there is a glory in seeing Christ. There is a glory in seeing his grace, not grace as the other side of the coin of the law, but as something entirely different, with altogether different properties and widely different defining characteristics.

Once you see grace as distinct, you realize the power of it to transform you and you will wonder to yourself, “why in the world did I ever fight it?”

Why not let today be the day you hear grace, and instead of fighting it...believe?