How many of yall have....

Davexx1

While I do like and prefer to use the wireless cell cameras because of the real time pictures, I still use all of the trail cameras I have accumulated over the years before cell cams. I normally put the wireless cell cameras in what I think are more secure areas and areas of special interest, active trap sites, etc., but I did lose one to thieves on ATVs that cut a fence and entered the property. The pictures from all of the cameras are very informative, helpful, and entertaining. Too bad I didn't get a picture of the thief before he cut the cable lock and ripped the camera off the tree.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Half the fun of running trail cameras is getting out of the house to check them and spend a little time in the woods, or to me it is anyway!

280 Man, you and I are very much alike then.

THE TIME THAT I HAVE SPENT IN THE WOODS CHECKING MY TRAIL CAMERAS OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS NOW, PUTTING OUT FEED, AND ALSO PUTTING OUT NEW CAMERAS ETC HAS BEEN THE VERY BEST TIMES FOR ME AS IT KEEPS ME TOTALLY RELAXED AND TOTALLY FOCUSED ON THE BEAUTIFUL OUTDOORS. I AM FORTUNATE TO HAVE AN ABUNDANCE OF WILDLIFE AND ENJOY EVERY MINUTE THAT I GET TO SPEND IN THE WOODS AS SUCH.

LAST WEEK, I PURCHASED 4 MORE WGI CAMERAS ON EBAY AT A GOOD PRICE SO NOW I HAVE BOUGHT A TOTAL OF 94 WGI TRAIL CAMERAS OVER THESE YEARS. THESE ARE THE SAME MODEL THAT I HAD PREVIOUSLY USED SO THESE WILL BE FOR SPARES WHEN AND IF NEEDED.

I AM ALWAYS BY MYSELF IN THE WOODS AND I LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH VARIOUS CRITTERS BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SEE WILDLIFE DO SOME CRAZY THINGS WHILE "PLAYING" WITH OTHER WILDLIFE AS THEY ACT JUST LIKE A BUNCH OF KIDS FROLICKING SOMETIMES.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Cell cams are good home entertainment when not in the woods. The card reader comes along while hunting because I love pictures. Basic cams are out everywhere and I'll always love checking them when I am near one while hunting, trimming trails, or scouting. 2 cell cams and 5 cameras are out now inside 400 yards.

sghoghunter

I still regular cams as well as cell cams. I am running 4 coverts,one spy point and 6 regular cameras. I put the regular cameras in the no signal bottoms or I’ll stick one over a trail or scrape

splatek

UAEC
Being a new hunter, last season was the first I ran cams. I ran a few cell cams on a leased prop in Coweta - maybe my cams such (SpyPoint micro) or the connection or what have you, but I would end up getting less than a 1/4 of the pictures. I mean we are talking about sitting in the blind/stand and watching animals walk by, being there, and then still nothing on the camera. Or it would take a picture, but then they would never send. I missed several pre-rut daytime opportunities at a decent buck because I relied on the service to work. That being said, when they do work it's really convenient for private land. I don't think I would drop an expensive cam on public land. Iuse el cheapos traditional tasco cams on public land and I have found that going and checking cams means I have to walk into the woods. I usually try a different route, not always, but even when I choose the same route, I usually see more sign, or something I've missed. Being new, I have realized that that sole fact: Being in the woods, has helped me as much as anything else.

whitter

BANNED
I am like many of you when it came to just getting out there. I did enjoy the different visits to the properties and the new sign that I would see. What I definitely do not miss is the "chigger" bites and the "tick" issue. I was one of the unfortunate folks that contacted the misfortunes of an infected tick. There are still the necessity of making the trips for the initial setup and once in a while a maintenance or battery trip. Now I pretty well and set back and let my Ridgetec cams with solar panels do the work and the itching is only caused by wanting that cell rig to send me a great picture of "Old Big".

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can't afford to donate cell cams to the methheads. Plus, most of the places I run them don't have a cell signal anyway.

Jim Boyd

I don’t lose cams to theft but with about 50 in service, there is no way I could afford the cellular costs.

I would like to have a Cuddeback network on my Illinois farm and maybe some day, Lord willing, I will.

Good luck all!!!